Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
11,316 Posts

·
Registered
11,316 Posts
It was pretty jammed up with a lint like substance from the belt fraying, so I'm not sure which went first.
Just seems if the bearing was spun welded to the bolt head, the bearing would have had to stop spinning, then the belt fraying would start.

·
Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
A couple steps forward another step back.
Was working on getting the carpeted seat backs ready to be reinstalled today. I'm going through the two sets and using the better of each. Some of them have broken corners, and cracks where the push pins mount in the hardboard backing so need a little help. A little Titebond II and a couple of Jorgensen clamps to the rescue.
Wood Plant Grass Road surface Hardwood

After which I re-glue the carpet back to the hardboard with Permatex Heavy Duty Headliner Adhesive. One panel had a couple of small holes in the carpet.
Rectangle Wood Floor Flooring Pattern

Not a problem, just glue in a small piece. Barely noticeable after running over it with the vacuum cleaner.
Jeans Textile Sleeve Rectangle Grey

Here's the seats I picked up at the boneyard.
Automotive design Mode of transport Vehicle Rectangle Auto part

Car Car seat cover Motor vehicle Vehicle Car seat

Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Window Car seat cover

Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior

Carpet turned out rather well after a shampoo.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive design

Using the floor mats should help keep it that way.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Grey

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Personal luxury car

Reached photo limit continued next post.

·
Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Continued.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Hood Automotive design

And while I was at it, something for the chrome lovers.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering part

Now after driving it for a couple of days with no problems I've got a SRS light to figure out. It came on before I changed the drivers air bag/horn button and since the only thing I did with the SRS system was to change the front seats I guess I'll have to start looking there.

BTW the Itt Mobile has a new name.
Since it's part LX, and part EX its new name is LEX.

·
Registered
11,316 Posts
Nice, All looks brand new!

Reactions: Cousin Itt

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,190 Posts

Are those Husky liners on the second row floor? Where did you get them and do they have any more hen's teeth there? :)

Now after driving it for a couple of days with no problems I've got a SRS light to figure out. It came on before I changed the drivers air bag/horn button and since the only thing I did with the SRS system was to change the front seats I guess I'll have to start looking there.
Ya know, the Foxwell NT630 Plus scan tool can reset SRS codes. :)

·
Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·

Are those Husky liners on the second row floor? Where did you get them and do they have any more hen's teeth there? :)

Ya know, the Foxwell NT630 Plus scan tool can reset SRS codes. :)

Those are actually the Honda winter floor mats that I got out of an 03 at one of the boneyards. There are both fronts, the center section, and the cargo liner. It's the only set I've ran across so far. Not sure if there was ever one for the third row seating area, There wasn't one in the car.. $10.00 USD :D

Does the Foxwell NT630 Plus have the ability to read the SRS codes?

I did do a reset through the yellow plug by the drivers side under dash fuse box. It did reset, but the light came back on shortly after restarting the car. I did check the part numbers between 06 & 08, and they both use the same part numbers for the seat sensors.

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
Those are actually the Honda winter floor mats that I got out of an 03 at one of the boneyards. There are both fronts, the center section, and the cargo liner. It's the only set I've ran across so far. Not sure if there was ever one for the third row seating area, There wasn't one in the car.. $10.00 USD :D
You lucky pup. (y)

Does the Foxwell NT630 Plus have the ability to read the SRS codes?

I did do a reset through the yellow plug by the drivers side under dash fuse box. It did reset, but the light came back on shortly after restarting the car. I did check the part numbers between 06 & 08, and they both use the same part numbers for the seat sensors.
Haven't needed to try it myself, thank goodness, but the product description says it does.

SRS Reset Tool
Read more in link above.

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
@plplplpl And for more drooling pleasure.
Hood Automotive exterior Automotive design Luggage and bags Material property
I actually have that OEM cargo mat. I sold my 1st and 2nd row OEM all weather mats after I got my WeatherTech floor liners for those rows, and now I'm going to gift those to my daughter since I scored the Husky liners at the start of the summer in Ottawa. Although expensive, the WeatherTechs only cover half the dead pedal, whereas the discontinued Husky liners cover pretty much the whole dead pedal, which is important in salt 'n' slush winter regions.

·
Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
I actually have that OEM cargo mat. I sold my 1st and 2nd row OEM all weather mats after I got my WeatherTech floor liners for those rows, and now I'm going to gift those to my daughter since I scored the Husky liners at the start of the summer in Ottawa. Although expensive, the WeatherTechs only cover half the dead pedal, whereas the discontinued Husky liners cover pretty much the whole dead pedal, which is important in salt 'n' slush winter regions.
I've got a piece of rubber roofing that I'm going to make a cover for the dead pedal area that will overlap into the OEM all weather mats drip rail. ;)

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
I've got a piece of rubber roofing that I'm going to make a cover for the dead pedal area that will overlap into the OEM all weather mats drip rail. ;)
Post pics of that. (y)

·
Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Post pics of that. (y)
Will do, but have to figure out what's up with the SRS system first.

Did get the center console reassembled, and installed today.
Started by cutting the holes for the AC Inverter.
Automotive tire Electrical wiring Gas Bumper Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Fixture Automotive design

Then did the reassembly, and install.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Car seat cover Automotive design

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

`
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

Still need to find a headliner, but sure seems like a different vehicle.:D

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Incredible restoration efforts... I consider myself pretty willing and able but you and some other guys (the one who lives in VA and keeps buying non-running Pilots and bringing them back to life) are making me feel pretty useless!

101 - 120 of 122 Posts