Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
That's a false statement. I provided a link from NGK Japan above.

But I already know, that no amount of data or facts will change your mind. You seem dead set on digging deeper on this one. I'll get you a better shovel. ;)
Everybody has their hill they are willing to die on I suppose.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ok, then I'm sure that NGK following the proper channels of authority will have no problem getting this all cleared up with Amazon and it's supply channel.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Ok, then I'm sure that NGK following the proper channels of authority will have no problem getting this all cleared up with Amazon and it's supply channel.
Amazon co-mingles inventory, from THEIR suppliers, and from 3rd party sellers who "promise" not to supply counterfeits.

I have reported fake/counterfeit/scam sellers to Amazon, and it took WEEKS for them to take any action.

The problem is much more difficult to solve than you "believe".... based on how Amazon manages their warehouse inventory.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Amazon co-mingles inventory, from THEIR suppliers, and from 3rd party sellers who "promise" not to supply counterfeits.

I have reported fake/counterfeit/scam sellers to Amazon, and it took WEEKS for them to take any action.

The problem is much more difficult to solve than you "believe".... based on how Amazon manages their warehouse inventory.
Basically it is cheaper for Amazon to issue refunds or send replacements than fully vet every single supplier. The warehouse people are paid to scan barcodes and fill orders, not QC each item they pick.

·
Registered
44 Posts
So what brand do you trust? Denso? Bosch? Delco? E3?
There are fake Denso plugs around too. I don't really worry about it too much other than buying from a reputable place. I am always a little suspect when stuff is a lot cheaper than anyone else.

I don't buy plugs on ebay.

Kinda like buying OEM parts. If the part is critical or hard to change I always buy OEM. Not worth the hassle to me to save a few bucks. My time is generally worth more that what I save.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I went out in the freeze to pull a plug and see what Amazon sold me a year ago for my Crosstour. The NGK plug only says Japan on it. Apparently bootlegged from another factory into the U.S.. All else looks good. You tell me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I purchased a set from Amazon and installed them about 5000 miles ago. I compared them to the imitation pics and they are the real thing. No problems so far.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I got a full set of fakes, and 2 real ones from other purchases after I started thinking the plugs could be the issue. From misfires for 5,000 miles to no misfires in over 500 miles, we can factually say that the plugs were the problem.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just called NGK last week regarding possible fake plugs. The person I spoke with said, "There is no way of knowing if the plug is a fake unless you send it in for an analysis." He did mention that Amazon does not buy the plugs directly from NGK where as big box stores like O'Reilly, AutoZone, Advance, etc all do. He told me that the best option is to always buy them from one of those stores and not on Amazon or eBay. The ones I bought on Amazon weren't all that much cheaper than the ones they sell at the parts store so I don't believe these are fakes but I may send them back just because and then spend the extra couple of bucks per plug at O'Reilly.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Why not order them from RockAuto? Significantly cheaper than box stores, and they give us a 5% discount.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Why not order them from RockAuto? Significantly cheaper than box stores, and they give us a 5% discount.
Good advice. :)

More Information for NGK 94553

Those are for:
HONDAPILOT2006-2008

Just how AF old is your Pilot again?

Also, Rockauto have recently updated their 5% discount code, now good through May.

5% Discount Code: 20CC2CFAD669A0
Expires: May 12, 2020

Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear about Us’ box to receive the discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers. All orders are placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good advice. :)

More Information for NGK 94553

Those are for:
HONDAPILOT2006-2008

Just how AF old is your Pilot again?

Also, Rockauto have recently updated their 5% discount code, now good through May.
just 5% off, with shipping its better to just go to an auto parts store... stop buying mystery boxes, i pay 10% above cost maybe i could help some ppl out and get authentic parts with real warranties....

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
...off their already low prices, as the saying goes. :)

Unlike Amazon or eBay, I trust Rockauto to send me the real McCoy.

That said, I actually bought my NGK Iridiums at major Canadian auto part store Canadian Tire. At the time, I couldn't wait for delivery because I was doing a bunch of other things at the same time. 🚚

·
Registered
41 Posts
...off their already low prices, as the saying goes. :)

Unlike Amazon or eBay, I trust Rockauto to send me the real McCoy.
still cheaper going through an auto parts store, unless you can't wait and pay the cheapest shipping they got, i just priced them 42.61 for a set from the rock including 7.99 shipping but not the 5%, then the auto parts store which i can pick up same day 53.94 not including the 10% off you always get for buying online... i still think over the counter is winning...

·
Registered
552 Posts
still cheaper going through an auto parts store, unless you can't wait and pay the cheapest shipping they got, i just priced them 42.61 for a set from the rock including 7.99 shipping but not the 5%, then the auto parts store which i can pick up same day 53.94 not including the 10% off you always get for buying online... i still think over the counter is winning...
I don't know if your plugs are different than mine, but that's nuts.

NGK ILZKR7B11 - which is the correct OEM laser iridium plug for the 2009-2015 pilot.

Advance Auto: $14.99 each with 20% online discount = $77.89 out the door. Autozone plugs are $14.99, same as Oreilly.
Rock Auto: $8.96 each with 5% piloteers discount = $61.62 to my door.

What spark plugs are you pricing out?

·
Registered
41 Posts

NGK ILZKR7B11 - which is the correct OEM laser iridium plug for the 2009-2015 pilot.

Advance Auto: $14.99 each with 20% online discount = $77.89 out the door. Autozone plugs are $14.99, same as Oreilly.

the plug number used was 94553 you do know NGK offers 2 different iridium plugs right, ones cheaper than the other, the plug is not the same as auto zone, its cheaper i know cause i work there also we have 15% off...

·
Registered
41 Posts

i just checked, the correct OEM plug number is 93175 pilot

·
Registered
41 Posts
just did the math with the 93175 plugs, rockauto is 37.68 with 5% off and 7.99 shipping, and advance auto is 38.20 reg price 50.94 with 25% off and same day pick up..... :rolleyes: nowadays stores price match... i always looked at rock auto but never made a purchase, cause i don't like to wait i don't mine paying over a discount for peace of mind

21 - 40 of 40 Posts