Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
502 Posts
No, not at all. Those are standard construction staples and a nail. If you run them over, your tire won't be happy. Better check your driveway for more. Better question is why did they suddenly appear in your driveway. My guess is they fell out of an old toolbox or pile of old construction materials.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, not at all. Those are standard construction staples and a nail. If you run them over, your tire won't be happy. Better check your driveway for more. Better question is why did they suddenly appear in your driveway. My guess is they fell out of an old toolbox or pile of old construction materials.
Oh ok, thank you for the quick reply, makes me feel better and less worried that something came maybe loose underneath my Pilot that has fallen out. Maybe it was my neighbour walking by to another neighbour and that fell from his toolbox.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
857 Posts
Has anyone reshingled a roof lately? Roofing nails and staples just love getting into tires.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
So I found this on my driveway by my garage doors, does this belong to my Honda?

View attachment 138468
Finding odd rusty sharps by the garage doors can be alarming if you don’t recall doing or having any handyman work. Sometimes fasteners from loose shingles find their way down the drain spout. More alarming would be disgruntled delivery or service or sales people or fellow humanoids. Check your tires for any signs of damage as that rusty large head nail loves penetrating tires when run over.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,304 Posts
DANG KIDS! Throwing stuff on a mans property!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Definitely have a good look at your tires. These things can bury in the tread but not puncture for some time until they work their way through during driving. Good time to do a tire rotation if you're due... I always do a brief inspection of the tread as I'm rolling each tire to its new location. I've caught several foreign objects (nails, screws, staples, chunks of wire, etc.) this way over the years. Sometimes a tire will go for months with at most a slow leak from a foreign object puncture if you leave it in place, but I'd rather ID the object, pull it out, and make the repair in my garage rather than on the side of the road.

Ran over the metal hook part of a bungee cord the other day with my bicycle and it immediately blew the tire. There's an amazing amount of debris on the road.

- Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts