Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Over $2,500/year

Votes: 1 0.7%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the yearly cost to insure your Pilot?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Close to 1500 bucks Canadian.

·
Registered
204 Posts
With a perfect driving record for the last 11 years, high deductable amounts and Zero miles commute to work, I pay $520.00 for the year.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
HiFlyer said:
With a perfect driving record for the last 11 years, high deductable amounts and Zero miles commute to work, I pay $520.00 for the year.
YOU AGAIN!!! Getting all the incredible deals! You basically STOLE your PILOT and now you pay peanuts for insurance! I am impressed. May I ask who is your insurer?
I mistakenly voted for the wrong price for ins. I have to pay $827/ 6 mos!-including my 9 year old civic vx- I have a flawless record, but am only 28...maybe this hurts me?I've been with GEICO for 4 years... and haven't been impressed with the premiums, I think it's time for me to switch insurers! :3:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hey, maybe I'm just lucky. My insurance is with State Farm. I have my home insurance, Toyota Corolla and the Pilot insured with them. I'm sure that I get a little bit of discount because of the combo, but I think the real reason for cheap insurance is that I have no commute to work because I work out of my Virtual office and I live in basically a crime-free area.
When I got the insurance for Pilot, I was surprised to get a quote for 262 every six months, it is only about 50.00 more than the 97 Corolla.

·
Registered
28 Posts
AAA Member?

I was with Farmers for 16 years. AAA insurance saves me over 600 per year (have both home and 2 autos) for car insurance.

Progressive was closest to them but I've had some friends get dropped from Progressive after a single claim. May not be indicative of your experiance but I chose not to try it.

Pilot insurance will be roughly 1000 per year w/ 500 ded.

umpire

·
Registered
54 Posts
We pay $694 for 12 months just for the Pilot, 50/50/100 liability, $250 comprehensive deductible, $250 deductible collision, $1000 medical, uninsured motorist w/waived deductible.. thats with a good driver discount (no points on either records), multi-car discount (3 cars, 2 drivers), persistency discount (3rd year I've used this company), and estimated 10,000 miles per year.. to insure 3 cars (only liability on the RX7), the total cost is a bit over $1,400 per year..

I think they only insure within California, Oregon and Canada.. not positive but thats what it looks like on their website.. but the company is Wawanesa.. yeah, sounds shady.. but actually, its rated really high by the insurance industry.. when Farmers called me to solicit my auto insurance business, the guy asked me who I was with.. I told him Wawanesa and he said "oh, yeah, they're a good company, I can't beat that".. and he hung up..

Link to Wawanesa

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I pay $858 every 6 months with a perfect driving record through All-State. This is the only car. Anyone have good deals in New Jersey. Auto insurance and property taxesa are out of control in New Jersey. I belive we're #1 in property taxes and #4 in auto insurance.

At least we can pay for Gov. McGreevey to gas up his helicopter!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have two vehicles on my policy, as sole driver. 90 Prelude and the 03 Pilot. I pay $741 for the Prelude and $1114 for the Pilot. With Liberty Mutual.

Joe

·
Registered
570 Posts
Just wanted to let you guys know that I am currently in a "discussion" with our insurance company over the rates on our Pilot. All vehicles are rated with a symbol, with the higher numbers costing more to insure.

When we bought the Pilot in October, we were told that the symbol was an 18, because they had no experience with it and it was a new vehicle-fine we said. By comparison, our 98 Accord V6 is a symbol 13. Anyway, now the symbol has been revised by ISO (the company that does the symbols) to a 15, which would reduce our premium significantly. However, our insurer (USAA) is refusing to lower it until renewal which really has me steamed. May be switching companies this week. You guys may want to check and see if your company uses ISO symbols and check and see what yours is on your Pilot. ISO has lowered it to a 15, so if yours is an 18, you may want to have your own "discussion."

By the way, my record, as well as my wife's is spotless and we are currently paying $1400 per year for the Pilot in N.C. Ridiculous!

-------
ncelk-TW EXL-Fog lights, cargo cover and tray, chrome tips

·
Registered
138 Posts
Don't even ask ... We're in NewJersey !!! :3:

·
Registered
920 Posts
$600.54 per year...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just wondering looking at all these low numbers I see for car insurance here... Shouldn't we compare apples with apples...

I have an excellent driving record, multiple line discount with State Farm, but still pay $547 every six months. This is with a 100/100/300 coverage and living in Florida.

I wouldn't wanna risk losing my house or the medical bill after a run-in with an uninsured driver (plenty of them in FL)...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Even with a perfect driving record for the last 8yrs and 30+ yrs old, living in New York puts your insurance rates at the top of the list on this poll!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Just over $800 a year for the Pilot. Only a couple hundred bucks more a year than the '89 Volvo 240DL wagon that it replaced. Interesting.

Clean record. Short commute.

Rob

·
Registered
152 Posts
21st Century

So. Cal. - 21st Century - since 1994
Paid $770/6mo. for Pilot & 99 camry, 32 yrs old couple with 1 speeding ticket.
Coverage: 50/100/100.
comp. $500 ded.
collision $1000 ded.

Just got a quote from Wawanesa - $700. Switching next month.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I may be paying too much Insurance

I am with Farmers Insurance for the last 3 years in Houston, TX. I pay $1,064 for Honda Pilot and $828 for Honda Accord totalling $1,892 and the coverage is 25/50/25 with a deduction of $500.

I feel this is too high compared to other insurance companies. I have a clean driving record.

Can somebody recommend me cheap insurance companies here in Houston, TX. Thanks.:8:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Piece of the rock

I've got Prudential. 300/100/100 and 250 deductable across the board. Paying $678.00 per year. Multiple discounts.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts