Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking at a 2019 Touring AWD, wondering what everyone has paid to get a hitch put on their vehicle from dealer and a few questions/clarifications. I'm at the point of negotiating on a new vehicle purchase if that matters.

I am getting quotes ranging from $1100 - $1575.

Does this include hitch and wiring only? Trans cooler?

I looked at aftermarket options which are quite a bit cheaper but they sit lower than the bumper. I want the clean factory placement and am willing to pay a premium for it.

·
Read Only
70 Posts
I worked the cost of the Honda oem hitch/installation into the sale on my elite. If you go that route make sure you specifically state the you want both the hitch and wiring harness.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Looking at a 2019 Touring AWD, wondering what everyone has paid to get a hitch put on their vehicle from dealer and a few questions/clarifications. I'm at the point of negotiating on a new vehicle purchase if that matters.

I am getting quotes ranging from $1100 - $1575.

Does this include hitch and wiring only? Trans cooler?

I looked at aftermarket options which are quite a bit cheaper but they sit lower than the bumper. I want the clean factory placement and am willing to pay a premium for it.
Just FYI here. The hitch and harness can be bought online for $265 and $160. Install time for both is 2 hours max. Trans cooler online is approx. $150, not sure of the install time on it though. Hitch and harness are pretty easy to do. Not sure about the cooler. Again..just FYI.

·
Registered
Traded Pilot for Highlander
265 Posts
Try buying everything online and if you can't do it yourself, take it to an independent mechanic. They are always cheaper than the dealership.

·
Registered
625 Posts
My dealer said 840 for hitch and harness. 335 for the cooler. Im gonna do the hitch and harness myself and let them do the cooler just so they don’t try any crap with my already slipping tranny!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
My dealer said 840 for hitch and harness. 335 for the cooler. Im gonna do the hitch and harness myself and let them do the cooler just so they don’t try any crap with my already slipping tranny!
Whoa, transmission is slipping? This merits a new look at the whole situation. Perhaps you should resolve the transmission problems before you tow?

I just noticed that you jumped into this thread, maybe you should start a new thread to discuss your own situation ? What is the model year and particulars of your Pilot? Let us know in a new thread.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Just sharing my pricing that I got on hitch installs and I have commented on other transmission threads about my issues.... not gonna be towing until everything else is solved. Might not even get to the Hitch until next year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts