Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at the 190k mark on my 2009 Pilot and need to replace my timing belt. I have found a Aisin TKH-002 kit for $180.79 at RockAuto. What is a reasonable price to install. I live in North Texas. Is there a better option than the Aisin?

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
RockAuto 5% Discount Code, Good until May 12, 2021.
61F8C3AFDC21E1
Enter in the code in the box "How Did You Hear About Us", then click desired shipping for the discount to be calculated in the total.
There is no better kit on the market than Aisin.
A reasonable time to get the job done would be 6 to 8 hours.

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
I am at the 190k mark on my 2009 Pilot and need to replace my timing belt. I have found a Aisin TKH-002 kit for $180.79 at RockAuto. What is a reasonable price to install. I live in North Texas. Is there a better option than the Aisin?
Are you also including spark plug replacement and valve clearance adjustment with that job?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RockAuto 5% Discount Code, Good until May 12, 2021.
61F8C3AFDC21E1
Enter in the code in the box "How Did You Hear About Us", then click desired shipping for the discount to be calculated in the total.
There is no better kit on the market than Aisin.
A reasonable time to get the job done would be 6 to 8 hours.
Thank you

·
Registered
9,507 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,298 Posts
What a coincidence, I was thinking of starting a poll as to whether you would drive up to North Texas to install the timing belt kit for a case of Haines briefs. In green of course. ;) :LOL: 🤣

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
What a coincidence, I was thinking of starting a poll as to whether you would drive up to North Texas to install the timing belt kit for a case of Haines briefs. In green of course. ;) :LOL: 🤣
I'm sure glad an old post of a pair of underwear used as a shop rag is still giving you the giggles. I never knew it would bring such joy. 😁

Reactions: Daltongang

·
Read Only
293 Posts
Time to do valve adjustment for sure at this mileage. I would also look into replacing the serpentine tensioner and drive belt.

Independent mechanics do the job for about $800, dealer charges around $1200 to $1400 for the job including parts.

You can do it yourself the first time in about 6-8 hours and $250 in basic tools, plus about 3-5 hours of researching how to do it without blowing up your engine.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I don't know what part of North Texas you live in but I highly recommend Danny's imports on mid cities Blvd in Hurst if you live in dfw. Honda Acura only shop.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,298 Posts
Thanks, unsure how far that is but will check. I live near Prosper.
It's real easy to get there. The first thing ya need to do is "‘Get on Beltline," Ya can't miss it. 🤣

1 - 13 of 13 Posts