Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using various forms of CorrosionX on my boat trailer, mower decks, R/C circuit boards, iPhones and other things susceptible to corrosion/water and it has worked as advertised. During my last maintenance on the Pilot, I decided to hit the suspension bolts, nuts, bushings, and boots with it. I swear the car rides smoother and quieter now, but my real hope is the rubber will last longer and fasteners will come apart easier when the day comes to replace suspension parts.

I'm not affiliated in any way with the company, but back when I had a plane, corrosion was an existential threat and this stuff was recommended to prevent, stop and even reverse it. The stuff is unbelievable. I've dropped an iPhone in the pool that was sprayed with it and it worked after being dunked in chlorine water. I've seen no further rust on the boat trailer after spraying everything but the tires even though it is submerged in salt water often. I also use it on all my guns and it keeps the rust away even in humid Florida weather and sweaty hands. Google corrosionx (no space) if interested. Guaranteed to be safe on rubber, plastic, neoprene, circuit boards, and can be applied and will bond to wet and rusted surfaces.

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
I've been using various forms of CorrosionX on my boat trailer, mower decks, R/C circuit boards, iPhones and other things susceptible to corrosion/water and it has worked as advertised. During my last maintenance on the Pilot, I decided to hit the suspension bolts, nuts, bushings, and boots with it. I swear the car rides smoother and quieter now, but my real hope is the rubber will last longer and fasteners will come apart easier when the day comes to replace suspension parts.

I'm not affiliated in any way with the company, but back when I had a plane, corrosion was an existential threat and this stuff was recommended to prevent, stop and even reverse it. The stuff is unbelievable. I've dropped an iPhone in the pool that was sprayed with it and it worked after being dunked in chlorine water. I've seen no further rust on the boat trailer after spraying everything but the tires even though it is submerged in salt water often. I also use it on all my guns and it keeps the rust away even in humid Florida weather and sweaty hands. Google corrosionx (no space) if interested. Guaranteed to be safe on rubber, plastic, neoprene, circuit boards, and can be applied and will bond to wet and rusted surfaces.
Lots of people here intrested in Corrosion Protection.

Reactions: The Todd

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The CorrosionX seems thicker than the Fluid Film, so in my imagination it should stick around longer. CorrosionX comes in various flavors, most thinner for electronics, guns and such where a thick gooey coating isn't ideal. It's not ideal on cars either if you are the one working on them, but that's why nitril gloves were invented.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
I also use it on all my guns and it keeps the rust away even in humid Florida weather and sweaty hands.
So gonna have a hard time passing that lie detector test down at the station.

that's why nitril gloves were invented.
Just how messy was that crime scene?

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,188 Posts

This guy yells more than Scotty Kilmer!

He does do some good tests on products though.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts