Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I am a PM for construction projects for a local water/sewer utility. The utility is classified as essential (duh) but nobody in my building needs to be in the building or would even be missed for a couple weeks yet we are still here. I've heard we don't have the infrastructure in place to handle more than a couple hundred teleworkers simultaneously so I think our County Exec is putting off putting most of the County on Administrative Leave (paid to sit at home and do nothing) as long as he can.
All I can say is the world is just [Lug] nuts.

·
Registered
308 Posts
It's possible the poor and homeless may become the next big hotspot if not already in major cities and keep this health crisis spiking if something is not done. Drove through downtown Philadelphia yesterday and didn't see any type of social distancing going on in the city from those waiting for the bus to street beggars or people sleeping on the sidewalks etc. The situation looks grim as these groups of people either are in denial, unconcerned or they don't understand the magnitude of the problem. The homeless shelters are crowded and lack any safety precautions to deal with this new crisis beyond feeding them. Most have no healthcare options and many suffer from mental illness, drug/etoh addiction possibly making a bad situation worse.

Stay safe everybody!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
It's possible the poor and homeless may become the next big hotspot if not already in major cities and keep this health crisis spiking if something is not done. Drove through downtown Philadelphia yesterday and didn't see any type of social distancing going on in the city from those waiting for the bus to street beggars or people sleeping on the sidewalks etc. The situation looks grim as these groups of people either are in denial, unconcerned or they don't understand the magnitude of the problem. The homeless shelters are crowded and lack any safety precautions to deal with this new crisis beyond feeding them. Most have no healthcare options and many suffer from mental illness, drug/etoh addiction possibly making a bad situation worse.

Stay safe everybody!
That's very sad. Hopefully the warmer weather will make it to Philly soon. I hear that helps.
Guess I'll mow the grass today. That's sure to give me a runny nose. Hopefully hitting a pile of 💩 will be as bad as my day gets. Was told that theres no windshield wash fluid in the Pilot. 😒

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
That's very sad. Hopefully the warmer weather will make it to Philly soon. I hear that helps.
Guess I'll mow the grass today. That's sure to give me a runny nose. Hopefully hitting a pile of 💩 will be as bad as my day gets. Was told that theres no windshield wash fluid in the Pilot. 😒
It doesn't ..if you think about it for a minute the Caribbean islands also have the virus so the heat does not effect it

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
up to 400 rounds ...got to love Walmart for things :)

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
It doesn't ..if you think about it for a minute the Caribbean islands also have the virus so the heat does not effect it
Apparently the governor of FL or some other clown actually suggested holding a hair dryer up to your nose because the hot air will kill the virus... I just can't sometimes. Florida man is alive and well.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Apparently the governor of FL or some other clown actually suggested holding a hair dryer up to your nose because the hot air will kill the virus...
I wonder if it worked when he tried it on his brain herpes virus. Ostensibly not.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Well my Chief just held a staff meeting, looks like we are going work-from-home with everybody rotating a day in the office, mine is tomorrow.

Continue to stay safe everyone!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I'm still just in shock (absorber) over the situation.
Yes U (joints) be safe too.
This thread is in the general section, I think you are safe not including automotive terminology to keep it on topic!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
This thread is in the general section, I think you are safe not including automotive terminology to keep it on topic!
Yeah I know. But my day always begins with the hood open or a tire gauge. Car stuff on the brain.
I just think this virus thing is a bit over blown (head gasket). This is said not to be insensitive to those who may be affected. The flu (VW) bug has been around for (Buick) centuries. The whole world is (floor) jacked up. I'm staying in compliance (engine) like I'm being asked to do.

·
Administrator
15,306 Posts
Its overblown until you get someone close to you by blood or work who got it and is trying to get over it.
Then its all of a sudden not funny at all.
Please understand that the measures in place in many states will slow the movement of the virus and result in a health system that is capable of handling the volume of people in need of immediate admission. Once the stay home orders get lifted in apparent "safe zones", flare ups in those areas will occur.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
@Rocky Hey, you've gone from Moderator to Administrator? Congrats on the promotion. (y)

What are the practical implications? Hope they bumped up your pay. :)

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
The facts are pretty simple if people take the time to understand them:

-The mortality rate isn't much worse than the seasonal flu, which is to say not bad with proper care.
-The transmission rate is extraordinarily high
-Which results in hospitals being overrun and not having enough tools to provide proper care, which would save more people
-Which results in considerably higher death rates

So yes, this isn't all that deadly and is very treatable but it's our responsibility to make sure the healthcare professionals have the time and equipment to treat everyone.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
@Rocky Hey, you've gone from Moderator to Administrator? Congrats on the promotion. (y)

What are the practical implications? Hope they bumped up your pay. :)
Does this mean @Rocky can get the banner updated as I requested? C'mon man! While you're at it, hit the Traverse forum too as I requested over there!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Its overblown until you get someone close to you by blood or work who got it and is trying to get over it.
Please understand that the measures in place in many states will slow the movement of the virus and result in a health system that is capable of handling the volume of people in need of immediate admission. Once the stay home orders get lifted in apparent "safe zones", flare ups in those areas will occur.
Yes, I understand, especially if you live in a big city. I live in a small town (car) in a rural area and were out of (S) TP at the store. People are ridiculous.

·
Administrator
15,306 Posts
Does this mean @Rocky can get the banner updated as I requested? C'mon man! While you're at it, hit the Traverse forum too as I requested over there!
That tweak happened a while ago. It merely restores some capabilities that we had under the old software.

As for the banner, you have stale cookies. Need to restock them. I see all three generations

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

That tweak happened a while ago. It merely restores some capabilities that we had under the old software.

As for the banner, you have stale cookies. Need to restock them. I see all three generations View attachment 134938
Daggumit! These computers are too smart for me nowadays.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You guys are that bored ? ... This site will never in a 100 years come even close to NPORA ..
Right now I have about 200 rounds of 30-06 120 grain , 150 rounds of 9mm 135 grain and 60 hollow points ... so i'm ready for anyone stupid to try something :)

:D
I have 600 rounds of 9mm, plus the 15 rounds of Hydra-Shok self-defense rounds that are in my Glock 19, and 500 rounds of .22 long rifle. I don't need to hoard any ammo. 😀

41 - 60 of 95 Posts