Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the small black box with 3 coolant lines is located on the passenger side firewall? I have a good amount of coolant leaking from there when it is under pressure. Thank you

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,188 Posts

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,188 Posts
I listed the part for a 2005. You will want to verify the part you get is appropriate for your model years.

And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome thank you guys. I just did the water pump and then found that leak 2 days later. By the way it is an 05.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Awesome thank you guys. I just did the water pump and then found that leak 2 days later. By the way it is an 05.
Have you changed your radiator yet?

Reactions: aggrex and ConrodM

·
Registered
604 Posts
This is an example of a heater control valve on a 2005 (assuming this is what you are talking about)

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,306 Posts
This is an example of a heater control valve on a 2005 (assuming this is what you are talking about)

Are you sure it's the same on a 2005 Pilot as on the Odyssey shown in the video? I don't recall seeing a lasso and peg connection in my 2006 Pilot like the one shown in the video. I'm not saying there isn't one in a 2005, since I've only seen my 2006, but in mine it's a screw which can come loose.

No heat in front console

2004 Pilot - Front heater problem

Unless we're not talking about the same thing? I've been known to be wrong. Just ask my wife. :D

·
Registered
604 Posts
Are you sure it's the same on a 2005 Pilot as on the Odyssey shown in the video? I don't recall seeing a lasso and peg connection in my 2006 Pilot like the one shown in the video. I'm not saying there isn't one in a 2005, since I've only seen my 2006, but in mine it's a screw which can come loose.

No heat in front console

2004 Pilot - Front heater problem

Unless we're not talking about the same thing? I've been know to be wrong. Just ask my wife. :D
Nope - my bad, I too hastily selected that video - I thought it was for the pilot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have not replaced my radiator I have not had any signs that it is bad. No leaks any where except for the water pump and the little black box with three hoses connected to it on the passenger side firewall. I have good heat and runs ant normal temps as long as I keep fluids in it.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,877 Posts
Sounds to me like it is time for a dye test to determine exactly where the leak(s) are and fix the problems. I used the Interdynamics Fluorescent Leak Detector Dye Part #: 375CS from O'Rileys Auto Parts to find a leak in a cooling system a few years ago. Make sure you buy part # 375CS and not 374CS. The 374CS is for oil, transmission, leaks, the 357CS is for cooling systems.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have not replaced my radiator I have not had any signs that it is bad. No leaks any where except for the water pump and the little black box with three hoses connected to it on the passenger side firewall. I have good heat and runs ant normal temps as long as I keep fluids in it.
When the 2005 radiator fails you will most often get no warning, and if it fails internally, you are putting in a new transmission. Proactively replacing the original is just smart and cheap insurance.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
423 Posts
An internal leak will show as milky radiator fluid from coolant leaking into the trans cooler built in the radiator. Recommend replacing your radiator, if your close to doing the timing belt, and water pump I would package it together.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts