Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever removed the rear seats and fabricated some sort of raised floor with storage space underneath?

I plan to do this in the coming weeks but woodworking and carpeting isn’t exactly my specialty.

I may only remove the 40% split rear seat so I still have the other 2 seats in the 3rd row.

·
Super Moderator
4,259 Posts
I think someone has done this a while back. I don't think it would be too difficult to remove the 3rd row.

·
Registered
447 Posts
The 3rd row is not difficult to remove. Slide the plastic shields off the front supports of the seat and remove the 14 mm bolts. Lift up the seat and remove the hinge bolts from the floor pan, also 14 mm. Unclip the seat belts as needed and pull the seat out the back hatch.

·
Registered
46 Posts
For 95% of the year, I have the 3rd row removed with a 3/4" plywood cover with carpet top and 2x4 frame system where the 3rd row used to be. It works ok. There isn't really a lot of storage where the 3rd row seats go, but it's definitely useful space. I can remove or install the 3rd row in about 8 minutes. There are 8 bolts total. No airbags or other shenanigans to deal with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did the exact same thing. I think there were 6 bolts per seat. (12 total).
I also removed the carpet/fiberboard pieces from the backs of the seats and glued them to the plywood box lid so the back of the car looks "normal".

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I did the exact same thing. I think there were 6 bolts per seat. (12 total).
I also removed the carpet/fiberboard pieces from the backs of the seats and glued them to the plywood box lid so the back of the car looks "normal".
Be nice to see some pics. :)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I did this mod in my 2015 ..it's actually cool only issue was that I found being the second gen is Honda was stupid to change the tool spot from the side to the back in the floor. When you take out all your seats and crap you are left with the tools floating around ..also you loose good spots to hide stuff that you don't want people like the boarder patrol coming from places like Canada to find ... I know nothing about the last comment only what I hear. :p🤪🍻🍺🥃

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
hide stuff that you don't want people like the boarder patrol coming from places like Canada to find ...
Your Moosehead 🍻 and your lucky seven-leaf clovers.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Your Moosehead 🍻 and your lucky seven-leaf clovers.
Yes well the idea works But like i said after taking out the seats n crap there is no places to put tools n stuff you have bare metal flooring

1 - 9 of 9 Posts