Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 pilot has 187k on it and I was wondering should I stick to the conventional oil I've been using or switch to a high mileage synthetic blend??

·
Registered
294 Posts
There are a ton of opinions on the internet, the Pilots have seals that are not impacted by esters, older cars.

I bought my daughters CRV with 190K, switched it to full syn, high mileage, its at 240K and going strong.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I tried Mobil1 high mileage and their filter at the last change. Only difference I noticed was that after 4k highway miles, the oil on the dipstick still looked new. I'll replace it in a month or two.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
High mileage hands down.

·
Registered
62 Posts
neither... Any extended performance oil will do. I run Mobil 15k mile interval on all 4 of our cars, all with over 200k on the clock. I quit wasting time and money changing my oil all the time years ago.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I seem to remember the guys on bob is the oil guy raving about M1 high mileage full synthetic... I think it was the zinc levels that had everyone excited?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Been changing my oil between 8k-10k mi for the past 4 years on my '05. I mostly use Mobil 1 0w20. I did use M1 high mileage full synthetic once a few years ago. But I still changed that oil at around 10k, nevertheless. Just can't bear to wait that long...15k mi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts