Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok for the people that read all the trouble I went through with trying to get my cooling unit, missing bolts and pins installed I have a small update. I wrote Honda customer service complete with pictures and diagrams about a month ago.

Honda customer service finally calls me back and tells me there is nothing they can/will do. So I ask the lady "you’re telling me I paid $400 for them to install a trailer hitch on my Pilot, maybe a 45 minute job." ((The $400 is amount I payed for hitch minus cost of parts.)) Then proceeded to chew her out if I only wanted a beeping beep hitch I would have gone to AAA and bought one and put it on myself. I asked when did Honda start charging $400 an hour for labor and that I would like to put in an application for a job while I'm at it. I think she was about to cry at this point so I let up. I felt bad for doing that put at this point someone at Honda needed to share in my misery, so I shot the messenger :1: .

1.5 weeks later, and some time to cool off
I call up the dealer and the Service Manager is actually really nice to me. Probably cause I had the letter to the dealer license of the MVA and the form to the Better business Bureau all filled out. We don't talk about the coolant but he agrees any bolts and pins that are missing they will look at and get fixed right up. Now at this point I'm totally cool with that cause I just don't want to have to worry when I tow something. I figure I'll cut my loss. I take my Pilot down to the dealership yesterday (45 minute drive).

Now my naive thinking tells me it's 5 bolts, I should be in and out in maybe 20 minutes. Yea 4.5 hours later I pull out of their parking lot. While trying to bolt the hitch on they broke off 1 of the welded bolts inside the frame of the car. They had to re-weld the bolt and I made sure as hell they got the old one out. Then on the way home from the dealer I get a hub cap thrown at me and put a nice gouge in my lower trim + a chip in my paint.

*sigh* ...ever get that feeling you just can't win? I feel karma is telling me to just live with the car the way it is, or maybe sell it. Just chuck it up to a good learning experience. Ahh life building skills, have to love it ;) .

I still have the letter to the BBB and dealer licensing and I don't know if I should send them out. I feel I should report this dealership but on the other hand I'm tired of the whole situation and just want to be done with it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wow, PaulV7, that wasn't the update I had expected/hoped for!!! I honestly don't know what to tell you, you have to do whats right for you. I would like to think that somewhere along the lines someone will/should come along to restore your faith in Honda, your Pilot and Customer Service, but I think alot of that may depend on how patient of a person you are....

What about this, See if you can find someone who goes to a mechanic/service center and watches their service be performed. I think that was more available in previous years and is probably hard to find now, but I am sure there are still a few left out there who would appreciate your interest. That way you will be witness/participant to the service of your Pilot. Given your dissatisfaction with the manufacturer's response, it might not have to even be a dealer, just save all receipts and descriptions for warranty purposes. This would take alot of commitment on your part as far as time and possibly expense but you would be involved to a large degree in your physical safety as well as the mental confidence that nothing was done incorrectly. If all goes well, as time passes and your confidences are rebuilt, you may find that you are comfortable not participating as much.....

Wow I sound like a psychologist, and I'm not!!! Anyway, I just hope that something good comes along to change the direction of your Pilot experiences!!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
klowry said:
Anyway, I just hope that something good comes along to change the direction of your Pilot experiences!!
I couldn't have said it better than klowry, above. Man, PaulV7 it's no wonder you've been soured on Honda service after they more or less left you twisting in the wind. I still think the Honda vehicle itself is a fine piece of work, but it seems like Honda customer service is acting so smug and unresponsive to customer concerns that they are seriously undermining their good product, their reputation, and ultimately their success.

Your experience brought to mind an old saying in my mother's family: The devil's been sitting cross-legged on you and your Pilot! Time for that sucker to move aside!!!

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
PaulV7 said:

I still have the letter to the BBB and dealer licensing and I don't know if I should send them out. I feel I should report this dealership but on the other hand I'm tired of the whole situation and just want to be done with it.
gosh...hope things will improve for you....anyways I would say send out the complaints....that is one way of getting attention and helping other folks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts