Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the April 2003 issue, CR labels the Pilot as the top Midsized SUV.
:20:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Len said:
In the April 2003 issue, CR labels the Pilot as the top Midsized SUV.
:20:
It just keeps coming, doesn't it!! That's such a great feeling!!

florida_guy... , you still paying attention? ;) :D

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Re: Re: Consumer Reports 2003: Pilot top SUV!

Sage said:

It just keeps coming, doesn't it!! That's such a great feeling!!

florida_guy... , you still paying attention? ;) :D
Yes I am. :) Actually that's old news. They made that proclamation when they reveiwed it along with some other 8 passenger SUVs a few months back. The April issue of Consumer Reports is really just a digest of all their full reviews that they do throughout the year.

However, since you are razzing me, I'm going to retaliate. :D

I found this little comment over on acuramdx.org...
---------------
As for the interior, I most certainly checked it out before buying the MDX...it looked fine. After about a month, however, the driver's seat was starting to show wear in the leather. It is all wrinkled on the side that I get in and out. This is totally unacceptable for $40+K! I called Acura about this and they said to bring it in and if it is bad enough they would replace the leather. This seems pointless since I know they will simply replace it with the same quality of leather. The wear of the seats look like my 8 year old Toyota...not a brand new car!
---------------

I can't imagine that the Pilot leather would be any better than the MDX leather??

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Consumer Reports 2003: Pilot top SUV!

florida_guy said:

Yes I am. :) Actually that's old news. They made that proclamation when they reveiwed it along with some other 8 passenger SUVs a few months back. The April issue of Consumer Reports is really just a digest of all their full reviews that they do throughout the year.

However, since you are razzing me, I'm going to retaliate. :D

I found this little comment over on acuramdx.org...
---------------
As for the interior, I most certainly checked it out before buying the MDX...it looked fine. After about a month, however, the driver's seat was starting to show wear in the leather. It is all wrinkled on the side that I get in and out. This is totally unacceptable for $40+K! I called Acura about this and they said to bring it in and if it is bad enough they would replace the leather. This seems pointless since I know they will simply replace it with the same quality of leather. The wear of the seats look like my 8 year old Toyota...not a brand new car!
---------------

I can't imagine that the Pilot leather would be any better than the MDX leather??
Wonder what the production / build date is?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Consumer Reports 2003: Pilot top SUV!

Sage said:

Wonder what the production / build date is?
I checked...
2002 Nighthawk Black Pearl/Ebony Acura MDX Touring & Navagation

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Consumer Reports 2003: Pilot top SUV!

florida_guy said:

I checked...
2002 Nighthawk Black Pearl/Ebony Acura MDX Touring & Navagation
Wonder what the production / build date was though. :rolleyes:
The earlier built Pilots seem to have the saggy leather problem.
Don't know anything about the MDX's but I do know my seat doesn't sag. :D :p

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Consumer Reports 2003: Pilot top SUV!

Sage said:

Wonder what the production / build date was though. :rolleyes:
The earlier built Pilots seem to have the saggy leather problem.
Don't know anything about the MDX's but I do know my seat doesn't sag. :D :p
But does it show wear like that is excessive for the use it has received compared to other leather seated vehicles?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Consumer Reports 2003: Pilot top SUV!

florida_guy said:

But does it show wear like that is excessive for the use it has received compared to other leather seated vehicles?
No wear on the seat at all... Looks the same as the passenger seat that is empty 99% of the time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My pilot EX-L is less then a month old, and driver's seat have the saggy leather problem.
VIN #2hkyf18593h560257

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
My.pilot is a month old. On the seat cushion there is a slight "butt shape" where the leather is streached. I dont see this as a problem at all. After all it is soft leather and it will streach.

The seat cushions seam fine and this always a happens to soft leather, does'nt it ???

:4: :4:

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Consumer Reports 2003: Pilot top SUV!

Sage said:

No wear on the seat at all... Looks the same as the passenger seat that is empty 99% of the time.
O.K. Thanks. One less thing to worry about. :)

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
lesm said:
My pilot EX-L is less then a month old, and driver's seat have the saggy leather problem.
VIN #2hkyf18593h560257
Geez! It seems like its a crap shoot what you are going to get. I don't want to spend to first 6 months of my car ownership getting to know the people at the dealership service department personally.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
ramirami said:
My.pilot is a month old. On the seat cushion there is a slight "butt shape" where the leather is streached. I dont see this as a problem at all. After all it is soft leather and it will streach.

The seat cushions seam fine and this always a happens to soft leather, does'nt it ???

:4: :4:
I don't know. I've never had a leather seat. Other people have posted that they have had other leather seat cars and didn't have this problem. Hmmm....

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
florida_guy said:

I don't know. I've never had a leather seat. Other people have posted that they have had other leather seat cars and didn't have this problem. Hmmm....
I have had cars with both the soft type of leather and the thicker not so soft leather...I think this happened on all but always quicker on the softer leather..

Its leather and IMHO it will always streach with use.....

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
collin228 said:
The older I get the more I notice my seat is sagging. It just happens guys. A new cars not gonna change it.
Interesting take on sagging seats, collin228!!!

I agree with Calvin, though.....

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts