Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite being a proud Pilot owner since early June 2002, I can find some little things about the Pilot that Honda could've done a better job (no vehicle is perfect). Overall, I'm very pleased with the vehicle. Certainly the looks are good enough for me or I wouldn't have bought it. That's why it bugs me when I read these "consumer ratings" that give the Pilot very low rating based on its "bland exterior". I don't think they bought the vehicle. For anyone who hates the looks, how could he/she have bought the vehicle? If you haven't done so, why not give your ratings of this vehicle at:

http://autos.msn.com/vip/newoverview.aspx?make=Honda&model=Pilot

Go ahead ... give it an honest (unbiased) rating! :2:

·
Registered
138 Posts
bkwon said:
Certainly the looks are good enough for me or I wouldn't have bought it. That's why it bugs me when I read these "consumer ratings" that give the Pilot very low rating based on its "bland exterior". I don't think they bought the vehicle. For anyone who hates the looks, how could he/she have bought the vehicle?
bkwon - I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Besides, better to have a bland looking SUV than just plain ugly. Ugh... hope I didn't offend any Pontiac Aztec owners that might be on this board.:rolleyes:

Anyway, I just surfed over to MSN and cast my bias vote. :D

·
Registered
226 Posts
hahaha...yes, the Aztec is a scary looking auto....

still don't see why the Pilot is thought of as bland....

it's better looking than a squared off Explorer and a pig-snouted Durango...

but, that is just my "unbiased" opinion ;)

(ps check out www.edmunds.com - Pilot has a rating of 9.1/10 !)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Re: Consumer ratings

I just wish these reviewers (MSN, Car & Driver, etc.) would leave out 'styling' as part of the criteria they use to rate/compare vehicles. Whether or not I like the styling is a personal thing...I don't need someone else essentially telling me how much I should like it !

...then I'm left trying to remove the 'styling' score and figure out how the cars would rank (in a comparison test) with the styling factor excluded.

A pet peeve of mine............

·
Registered
409 Posts
Went there..Did that...

Went to the MSN site and left our rating.

That styling thing always throws me. One of the first things I liked about the Pilot was the look it has and the Honda design q's. Sort of like a Civic that has been filled with too much air.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rainbowslim said:
I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Absolutely... and I don't have a problem with that. My point is MSN Autos' condition for posting a review is:

"You must own the vehicle you review"

Now, don't tell me someone bought the Pilot, then realized afterwards that they hated it because it's so "bland". Huh, was it the salesperson who was so attractive that they forgot that they were buying a "bland looking vehicle"? OK, may be it does happen to some prospective Pilot buyers ... :rolleyes:

Sure, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but remember the condition for posting a review.

So, you proud Pilot owners ... go post your unbiased review :D

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
But really, when it comes to styling, those who don't own the vehicle should get to vote as well. We have to look at it. (Thinking Aztek here, of course! :eek: )

·
Registered
283 Posts
I looked at a couple different reviews on the Pilot before I ever test drove one. Most of the time I just scanner the parts they talked about the exterior. They gave me things to pay attention to when I drove it. Which I thought was helpful cause the bad things people put in the reviews were mostly nit-picky.

·
Registered
62 Posts
MSN Survey

Lots of info in those reviws......and lots of reviews though you can only see 200 in any of the three sort queries.

Many low ball scores from who knows where. I mean, come on, a score of 1.0 ?!

Anyway most informative for the overwhelming number of satisfied owners ... do sort by highest rating and select 200 review per page...nearly all tens.

Read individually for info. Do likewise for negative reviews which I always find helpful for learning product flaws/faults. I believe most are spoilers.

BTW, I don't reason how anyone can buy the Pilot and then complain about the styling !? What, you buy it thinking its going to grow up being more handsome ?

Pilot is beautiful for its virtues of efficiency, economy, reliability, and safety; just like my best friend and partner.....who won't let me drive her vehicle....=-) Happy Valentine's Day !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts