Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 EX-L

After dropping off wife at store, I turned off the car and sat there.

After a couple of mins the dash/console starts making clicking sounds as relays are opened and closed (about a dozen times and not in a regular pattern, like very confusing on/off). The information display above the steering wheel started to light up.

I hit the start/stop button and the car started with no issues.

I had this issue before where the car would do, and replaced the start/stop button and I bought a fariday box to store my keys so the car cannot 'hear' and be in range of the keys.

Anybody else have this issue? Seems like I'm missing a software update or something or the start/stop button is going bad again?

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,053 Posts
If you are in the car with the fob, you wake it up....then after a while, it will go back to sleep. Just don't leave the fob in the car for days on end. Makes it easier to steal and drains the battery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems very strange that just sitting there for 3-4 mins, and the car starts "going kind of crazy" i.e" on-off, get ready, dont get ready. Seems like bad logic, or bad programming. I never leave the fob in the car at home. It's always in the faraday box.

I should have someone walk up to the car with the fob (with me sitting inside) and see what the car does as the fob gets within range.

Would be nice to see some technical description and conditions for what is going on.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Touring AWD
3 Posts
Just don't leave the fob in the car for days on end. Makes it easier to steal and drains the battery.
I leave my keys in the car when it's in my attached garage, been a habit for over 30 years. Theft isn't an issue but how does that drain the battery?

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,053 Posts
I leave my keys in the car when it's in my attached garage, been a habit for over 30 years. Theft isn't an issue but how does that drain the battery?
If the car’s system’s stay on, the battery will drain. Without the fob in the car, it goes to sleep. Heck some cars wake up if you open the door…without the fob.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Touring AWD
3 Posts
If the car’s system’s stay on, the battery will drain. Without the fob in the car, it goes to sleep. Heck some cars wake up if you open the door…without the fob.
That makes sense but I don't see anything on. Everything is pretty much off within a minute of exiting and closing the door. I'm sure there's some vampire drain but it doesn't appear to be anything more than when I have the fob away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is due to a bad power control module part 38320-TG7-A52

The dealer is replacing it under my extended warranty:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts