Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice over the weekend that the console arm rest is loose. I can see that the screws that hold the arm rest to the console are loose (when looking between the rear of the arm rest and the console where the rear HVAC panel is), causing the arm rest to move a 1/2 inch without resistance. I have felt since day one that the arm rest force was too high, this may have caused the screws to loosen. Anyone else have this? My issues list gets longer.:(

·
Registered
199 Posts
Will look at tonight

I will look at this tonight. I have not had a problem in this area with the exception of the lid not closing tight enough to prevent it from rattling (you know I have this problem!) when my arm is not on it and bumps are encountered. I installed the small clear plastic tabs/feet purchased from Radio Shack on each side of the lid where it contacts the console. Works perfectly. Will get back to you on the screws. BPILOT

·
Registered
307 Posts
I noticed the very same thing shortly after getting the pilot, was waiting to see if it got any worse, but its still the same amount of play. I think it is there to give a little room for the lid to be "flexed" so that it doesnt break off with a sudden push.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A Screw Loose

Opened the console to about 75 degrees and used a long philips screwdriver to tighten the screws that hole the console lid to the console. The screwdriver is at some angle, so be careful not to strip the philips head. You could get access to them if you could remove the rear cover that houses the rear HVAC controls, but it didn't budge and I didn't need more broken interior parts.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts