Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be the only one thick skulled not to notice this yet, but anyway, have you noticed that the console cup holders can be removed from the center bin of the console and latched into the third bin? That makes the sliding lid of the console much more handy in that it closes all the way, still leaving the cup holders open, and doubling your covered storage. Probably most have noticed this already, but this might come in handy for those "feature challenged" types like myself!

·
Registered
240 Posts
LOL!:p :p Yeah, thanks for sharing! I showed it to the sales folks when I took delivery!

Just think, you could order an extra and then the Pilot would have, what, 10 or 11 cup holders!!!:rolleyes: ;) :p

·
Registered
486 Posts
buuuut....

They feature this in the brochure, but you need to move the holder up in order to fold down the front of the console that has the cell phone holder. Otherwise, it will hit your Starbucks mug...:13: (< wired)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tried to order extra cupholder

Parts Guy told me can't get one..no part number, etc, ad infinitum...so I am going to try College Hills Honda site...I know its a nickle dime item...but would like to test their system...Lets see now...Coffee, OJ, Ice Cream upside down in a cup..and oatmeal....Breakfast of champions

·
Registered
20 Posts
spare cupholders etc found

Just got mail from College Hills Honda...Paul says they have them (about from my poor memory $ 6.80)....is sending diagram...to be sure we are both talking about oranges...

·
Registered
664 Posts
Big Gulp Size?

Did he mention if they had any with large openings available? It seems much wider than a soda can and you have problems and I hate to just have them stand freely in the open slot.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Did you know with the lid closed the top space is the exact dimensions of a McDonalds 4 cup tray with enough space to place the bag of food left over ...

PrG

;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Second Console Cupholder in Service

Theatre style cupholding. Adequate room under cup holders to store McDonalds funds. Now...that space/compartment under the sliding cover almost can carry tapes...as long as don't overload it they can be removed with minimal maneuvering and contortion....that bag hook on the rear of the Consul might make a good Honda trash chute hanger....but no way can you place a Supersized Bag and 4 holer carrier in there...Maybe Waste Management or BFI has a solution.....Meanwhile back to the Klampet method...toss out window or toss it in the back...3 points for a 10 footer..College Hills Honda Shipped cupholder quickly and typed nice thank you note on the bill ..$6.10 plus $6.00 shipping...

·
Registered
171 Posts
PrG said:
Did you know with the lid closed the top space is the exact dimensions of a McDonalds 4 cup tray with enough space to place the bag of food left over ...

PrG

;)

Wouldn't the tray fall off?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Double cup holder

In Cleveland OH, they're $11.05 + tax. But I don't have to pay shipping. Or maybe that's included in the price. Hmmm.

Why am I doing this? Not sure. Sounds kinda fun and not too expensive.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Nothing like carting around 4 cups of fluid in your console:2: now thats the american way! and oh yea they need a variable size cup holder and something to accomodate the handle on a coffe mug ...my .02...blah

·
Registered
8 Posts
The cup holder is at collegehillshonda.com in the Pilot section under mantenance & parts for $6.63. I purchased it and it works great.

·
Registered
395 Posts
khlex said:
The cup holder is at collegehillshonda.com in the Pilot section under mantenance & parts for $6.63. I purchased it and it works great.
Thanks! Gone and done it also, along with a cargo organizer...pretty sweet price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered from my dealer

He thought I was crazy, but I had become used to four cup holders in the Odyssey. Anyway - he got it and shipped it to me for like $9.00. I love having both sets!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Extra cup holder

Why not just strap a camelback onto the back of the driver's seat? :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts