Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had issues with this and found the post in the closed forum ”Problems”, but wanted to follow up with anyone experiencing this issue. This problem is caused by the air mix motor and this problem seems to crop up in the summer time. I got to thinking about it’s the air MIX motor and the fact that I don’t run the heater in the summer, so why not give running the heater a try in the summer and the clicking went away almost immediately. So before anyone springs for an expensive repair, try running the heater/AC alternately with the fan on high and see if that fixes the issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Console Clicking on Startup
In my case, when my 2011 EXL had this it was two things.
  1. A business card had fallen down inside of the console (who knows when)
  2. There is a fan inside of the console for the rear climate control. The fan has a screened filter that was filthy. Not as bad as the YT videos I saw, but still dirty.
I was able to remove the side panel of the center console, discovering the business card near the fan and cleaned the screen filter from the fan. The issue has not returned in over a year.

All this cost me was a some inexpensive plastic trim removal tools and a short bit of time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts