Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I look forward to joining your ranks in the coming months. I'm looking at buying a Pilot sometime in the June-July timeframe.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I just went to a new car show and compared every single SUV on the market. Nothing has the "total package" like the Pilot.

Good choice in waiting for the '04's......there are some bugs with the '03 that need to be worked out.

Here's a premature welcome to the board. :7:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Welcome!

We are happy to have you as a member of the board.

You are making a great choice and we know you will love your new Pilot! Please let us know how you came to choose the Pilot and maybe what other SUV's you considered.

Check out the Gallery it's where owners go to share pictures of their new toys.

Don & Brenda

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Welcome roro!

Glad to see you here! Being here now is a very wise decision! You'll be "armed" with all the info you'll need to be able to get exactly what you want & what to look for in your Pilot!
Good luck & keep us posted! :29:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've looked at most of the 7-8 passenger SUV's on the market including the Trailblazer, Envoy, and the Tahoe. I agree with most of the magazines I subscribe to in that the Pilot offers the most for the money. I can't wait to finally get into one. Anyone have inside info on when the '04s are coming out?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Pilot-1 said:
I....there are some bugs with the '03 that need to be worked out.
There are some issues that may 9or may not) be changed, but I don't think there are any "BUGs" that need to be worked out.

Of course there may be some other changed that are to (or not to) your liking.

I would expect the '04s to be released with the rest of the Honda '04 line up in the fall. (Just a guess)

·
Registered
276 Posts
N_Jay said:

There are some issues that may 9or may not) be changed, but I don't think there are any "BUGs" that need to be worked out.

Of course there may be some other changed that are to (or not to) your liking.

I would expect the '04s to be released with the rest of the Honda '04 line up in the fall. (Just a guess)
I consider the starting problem a "bug", not just an issue, cuz it's plagued several Pilots. ;)

As for the '04's being released, look for them to start rolling out as early as July or August. That has been the trend over the past few years with new-model-year rollovers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello all.New here, and thankful for your site. Am considering a Pilot(left a deposit Saturday night), and may buy it today, but still not sure it's right. That checklist at pick up time was really informative(I haven't bought a new car since '73)so it'll come with me. Seems like everybody loves their Pilots, and Honda seems reliable; sure do wish I could pick the options I want though. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
771 Posts
The 2004s are coming out in October w/ no new changes. At least that is what the salesguy I am working with told me.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
You must be new here

Alexandra242628 said:
The 2004s are coming out in October w/ no new changes. At least that is what the salesguy I am working with told me.
You STILL believe what the sales guy tells you!

:2: :2: :2: :2: :2: :2:
Just joking, it's Monday morning :)

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Alexandra242628 said:
Ummm.... If they were coming out in May with 3 significant improvements, do you think he would tell you? :rolleyes: The reality is even if he knew that, not only would he probably not tell you, he'd probably lie about it if asked. Unfortunately the vast majority of salespeople will tell you whatever they think will cause you to buy the car as soon as possible. :(

"This deal is only good today"
"What will it take for me to sell you a car today."

He/She doesn't want to sell you a car in May or July. He wants to sell you a car today.

What he say's may could possibly turn out to be true but I take EVERYTHING salespeople tell me with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Alexandra242628 said:
hummmmmm....and you fell for that. Shame on you...believling a sales guy....:confused: :rolleyes:

sorry...just kidding (or am I) :D :D

I would say the internet is the best place to search for any 2004 info.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Let me add to the chorus saying this really doesn't ring true. First of all, Honda is very proprietary about changes that might be coming out and I would be VERY surprised if the salesman you spoke to has an inside channel into whether there are changes planned...

But even if he COULD get such inside information, what possible benefit would he gain by sharing closely held information? Unless, by some chance, that inside information was that, in fact, there are no changes... that's just not realistic.

Realistically, there are changes every year. Always. The weasel clause is "major" changes. By this definition, you could say a "2nd gen NAVI" was not a major change because Honda is just putting another NAV in there, but there was already one in there. New moonroof? Not a big change, because you can add one on now. And so on.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi everyone. I decided to put off the purchase of my pilot. i was going to go in and buy it tomorrow but I had some job concerns surface and rather get those out of the way first. Anyway, I'll probably be back in the running around the end of April or may. I was told the 04 will be out in the fall which strikes me as pretty late because some SUVS 04 are already out. Anyway, DON'T RUSH. take your time to get the OPTIONS YOU WANT. I see the car as an extension of my home. I'm in it daily. It's not just practical to get from A to b and work,but fun and adventure and exploration. It's the 2nd most expensive thing most of us will ever buy. I started researching half a year ago and came close to buying every car after a test drive. i met many sales people and tell them if they pressure me, I'm gone!

Question. Are we going to see better deals on the 03s in the months ahead as more Pilots arrive and the war escalates? What do you think? I'm hoping a month wait translates into an extra grand or two in the bank.

Another question. Anyone have cloth seats? What do you think? I wasn't crazy about the pattern at the car show but I'm worried about the dog's nails on the leather. How much less is cloth?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I finished considering and I picked the Pilot up tonight. It's really a great ride and I can't wait to begin adding stuff to it and personalizing it. It was way in the back of the dealer lot and they hadn't even put the $965 pin-stripes on it yet. So I quickly pointed out to the salesperson that I didn't want pinstripes to begin with, and I certainly wasn't going to pay them $965 for small pieces of vinyl sticker crap. I could go to the local speed shop and pay less than $50.00 for those, if I really wanted them. So he said "no problem we'll discount the price you see and I will make sure they don't put them on." Anyways, after negotiating the price down to $30,000, I was ready to sign and drive out of there. I was saddened to see that I did end up getting free pinstripes anyways, because I guess the prep guys in the back are so used to just putting them on, that they put them on mine. I double-checked my contract when I got home though and made sure that I WAS NOT charged for them. I'll leave them on for a while I guess, until I see how they clash or flow with the mods I have planned.

Oh well, I'm rambling on and on. I love the EX-L, I got it in Black with the dark grey leather interior. The ride quality so far is on par with the Lexus RX300, which my wife drives.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Scamps-I've had my Pilot a week and a half now, and I'm still pleased with it.Handles much more like a sports car than I expected, but not to get sidetracked, I did get the cloth seats.I have always had either vinyl or leather, and need to use a towel to sit on because they're cold, or hot.When I lived in Vegas, you got stuck if you were wearing shorts(a leather Lincoln).When the old vinyl wears out and cracks, you got scratched, but I don't think that should happen to the leather...so I'm happy with the cloth, but I am going to go get a can of Scothguard (about $13), so as to keep the tan as clean as I can.Good luck with you're decision-took me a solid year of searching(researching every day and even renting the Tahoe and Highlander for the weekend) to decide on the Honda. :D

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
kit said:
I have always had either vinyl or leather, and need to use a towel to sit on because they're cold, or hot.When I lived in Vegas, you got stuck if you were wearing shorts(a leather Lincoln).
I just want to be sure... You had this problem with leather too, not just vinyl??

kit said:
Good luck with you're decision-took me a solid year of searching(researching every day and even renting the Tahoe and Highlander for the weekend) to decide on the Honda. :D
A kindred soul. :29: I tend to do a lot of research before making major decisions myself.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So,florida guy, you never lived in Vegas, huh?Think of this-it's where they train the soldiers that are in the middle East now.Also where they developed the chocolate that doesn't melt(for those soldiers).Gets kinda hot...course, I guess I could have used the air conditioner...

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
kit said:
So,florida guy, you never lived in Vegas, huh?
Huh? How did Vegas get into this conversation??? :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts