Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Piloteers, After test driving a CR-V, Rav4 , Suburu Forester, I am very much undecided. With the rebates on the Pilot I thought I would give it a try. Can anyone provide some feedback on the reliability I can expect from a Pilot. The 2002 Odyssey I am driving is close to 300,000 miles and getting a little worn. I keep my vehicles forever and reliability is my main objective. Thanks.

·
Registered
743 Posts
If you looked at the CR-V, you might also consider the Honda Passport which is basically a Pilot but with only 2 rows of seats. It sells for about $3000-$5000.00 less than the Pilot depending on the trim level. Last I heard, there was a $1000.00 additional discount to help move them. They had just literally hit the dealerships floor 3 days before I purchased our Pilot. The dealers were sticking to list price on the Passport because they had just landed, and mine discounted the Pilot $5000.00 because they had several rows of them.

If I found the same discount on the Passport at the time, I would have gone with that instead probable but do like the Pilot for the extra space and 3rd row availability.

Check out the Passport forum if your are interested.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Since there are no differences from 2019 to 2020, you may want to try and find a better deal on a 2019 leftover.

Reactions: ls973800

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Currently, in Canada they are offering $4000 of the 2020 Pilot while the 2019 Passport is discounted but not the 2020. We also have a car advocacy group here called "Carhelpcanada" that will also rebate me up to $3500 depending on the trim level I buy. I am a long time Honda owner but the reliability as I understand is not the same as it once was. I guess I've been lucky, and spoiled with the Odyssey reliability. Still undecided, but I will drive the Passport and Pilot, thanks again.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I would be cautious with the Passport. I believe the latest CR report showed terrible reliability ratings.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I would be cautious with the Passport. I believe the latest CR report showed terrible reliability ratings.
Which is strange because it is the same engine, transmission, entertainment center, etc as the Pilot. Plus numerous other parts shared and also built in the same plant in Alabama.

The Pilot isn't being graded with as low of ratings as the Passport. Here is the discussion from the Passport forum which talked about the latest CR report. I asked about the Pilot but it wasn't listed since only the lowest and highest models were reported on.

Passport CR Rating

Reactions: Aviator6

·
Registered
243 Posts
Which is strange because it is the same engine, transmission, entertainment center, etc as the Pilot. Plus numerous other parts shared and also built in the same plant in Alabama.

The Pilot isn't being graded with as low of ratings as the Passport. Here is the discussion from the Passport forum which talked about the latest CR report. I asked about the Pilot but it wasn't listed since only the lowest and highest models were reported on.

Passport CR Rating
CR has absolutely no credibility with me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts