Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel this will turn out to be a dumb question BUT :) why would you let your Pilot have internet access through your phone? What benefit is there? If you wanted to share access to others through your phone why not just use your phone as a hotspot?

Registered
I feel this will turn out to be a dumb question BUT :) why would you let your Pilot have internet access through your phone? What benefit is there? If you wanted to share access to others through your phone why not just use your phone as a hotspot?
The thread title is a bluetooth question although your message asks about internet access. I don't know why or how you'd give your Pilot internet access but Bluetooth pairing to your phone is to enable the Hands Free Link to your phone for hands free calling and playing music from your phone using the car's steering wheel controls, speakers and mic.

Not a dumb question, hope this helps and drive safely using hands free calling.

Oh, you can also use navigation from your phone and most apps will give you verbal directions over bluetooth via your car's speakers shutting down any playing music or radio station so you can hear and so you don't have to take your eyes off the road.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The thread title is a bluetooth question although your message asks about internet access. I don't know why or how you'd give your Pilot internet access but Bluetooth pairing to your phone is to enable the Hands Free Link to your phone for hands free calling and playing music from your phone using the car's steering wheel controls, speakers and mic.

Not a dumb question, hope this helps and drive safely using hands free calling.

Oh, you can also use navigation from your phone and most apps will give you verbal directions over bluetooth via your car's speakers shutting down any playing music or radio station so you can hear and so you don't have to take your eyes off the road.
You're right, the reference to bluetooth is incorrect. I actually found the answer to my question. If you connect your Honda to your cell phone using wifi or via cable, you can use the computer screen to "Browse websites or use online services". Seems bumbly at best.

Registered
You're right, the reference to bluetooth is incorrect. I actually found the answer to my question. If you connect your Honda to your cell phone using wifi or via cable, you can use the computer screen to "Browse websites or use online services". Seems bumbly at best.
Yes, bumbly if not worse since it's an invitation to distraction disaster. If I need something from the internet while driving I ask Siri to get or send it so I'm not trying to type, read a screen and drive.

Registered
My guess is that GM (and others) has this feature on many models so Honda uses this for marketing reasons, so it can say that we have this too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts