Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am going to break down and place an order with Zaino. I am a bit confused about the application procedure. I am clear about washing with Dawn, clay barring if necessary etc. However on the Zaino website it say to apply Z1 or ZFX first. Is this true? I see others washing then using Z2 or Z5 first. I have a redrock pearl Pilot and a black Subaru that is going to need some work. What should I buy? Yes I have read the Zaino thread, please help.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I know that Jerry and some of the others around here are Zainoholics. I'm sure they could steer you in the right direction.

Chris

·
Registered
144 Posts
Z1 or ZFX are necessary to bond the initial coat of Z5 or Z2. The ZFX allows up to 3 coats to be applied in a short period of time. Without ZFX, you need to wait 24 hours between coats. I recommend the ZFX if you want to do multiple coats. Just to give you an idea of how thin to use this stuff, I could get 3 coats of Z5 out of less than an ounce of product on our Expedition. A little will go a long way, especially after your applicator becomes saturated.

I also highly recommend using Z6 between coats of Z5 or Z2. Seems to help with the shine and with application and removal. Use it after each wash to maintain the shine and protection.

Hope this helps.

If you don't want to go through all the steps with Zaino, try Poorboys Polish. I recently did and it shines better than Zaino in my opinion and is 100 times easier to use.

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
I'll toss in my 2 cents and suggest that you go for z5 INSTEAD of z2. It'll look better on your red and black.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Good point, Worm. The Z5 does an awesome job on red and black. :29: In fact, Z5 was all that I had used before.

·
Registered
465 Posts
please allow a little threaddrift

welcome back r_hammel! Since we're two of the very few Carolinians on the board, I missed hearing from you!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replies, keep them coming. So just to make sure I understand I should buy:
Z2
Z5
Z6
Z7
ZFX

Sorry to be soo thick headed but this stuff is pricey.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Z2 or Z5

Z5 is suggested for your color. So you do not need Z2.

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts