Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I want to set up a 7 pin towing package on my 2012 pilot LX.

I have the plug in Tekonsha 3070-P Brake Control Wiring Adapter for Honda coming- and the plug located above the kick plate on the driver side.

I also have the Tekonsha 118265 coming for the 7way hookup with the existing honda plug in that it fits in on the inside of my back bumper and located the hookup in the rear cargo area

Then I have the Reese Towpower 8508211 Brake Control (Proportional BRAKE-EVN) coming as well.

My question is- Is that all I will need to have the 7 way fully functional for a travel trailer to operate the lights and the brakes on the travel trailer?

Thanks let me know if I need anything else to finish the install.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Sounds like you have the lights and braking covered. If you plan to havee the Pilot charge a trailer battery make sure you have the fuse installed for that function. By default it's left out from the factory.

Towing capacity is determined by several things, most important for your Pilot is transmissiin fluid temperature, 4WD cars have a good trans cooler for towing. The 2WD cars need the power steering cooler upgrade plus the auto trans cooler upgraded before doing any "travel trailer" towing. Honda offers a cooler upgrade package, or you can piece together some aftermarket coolers with more capacity than the factory kit offers. No matter which path you choose, the bumper and grill come off for installation. Don't overlook this requirement; the downside of ignoring it is really really expensive. Your clues in your wiring questions say you have a 2WD Pilot without the factory towing package. Nothing wrong with that, but you should carefully read your Owner's Manual with attention to towing limits and the cooler requirements.

And....

Welcome to Piloteers! Best and friendliest Pilot support forum you'll find. Your success is our success.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts