Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of a newbie here, but can someone tell me what additional items I can expect to be added in to the final price? I don't want to unexpectedly be hit with a much higher final number after resolving the haggling on the sales price.

For example, after getting $xx below MSRP, do these then get added?

Tax (state sales rate? or something different for cars?)
Dest. Charge (or is this included in the haggling?)
Warranty stuff
Other???

Thanks much!

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Best Bet

The best bet is to ASK.

Typically MSRP does not include any of the charges you listed.

I would always ask "What is the Out-the-door price, and what does that price include?"

This way there is never a surprise.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
typically dest charge is included in MSRP (it $480 for the pilot ? ).

Other charges will be tax and title and will remain the same irrespective of the dealer you go to.

Only additonal charge will be the documentation fee with should not vary a lot from dealer to dealer.

Best of luck....

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think your best bet (especially if you are comparing offers from different dealerships) is to demand a price that includes everything but the state sales tax. The tax is really the only fixed cost. Everything else is negotiable.

You will need to be very, very clear with the dealership on the number you are asking for. Get it in writing.

Good luck.

fitzkorn

·
Registered
18 Posts
avoid unpleasant surprises

many of us learn this the hard way....

fitzkorn is right-get the numbers in writing.

if it (anything) is not in writing it means nothing. and if someone tells you that his/her word is enough then they are stupid or lying or both-and you'd know that you're dealing with the wrong person.

the only things that are not negotiable are the title fee, state registration and sales tax % (of the total amount).

good luck,

chris

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Re: avoid unpleasant surprises

cmdpm said:

the only things that are not negotiable are the title fee, state registration and sales tax % (of the total amount).
even these can be if my dear friend ,Tony, asks for the pilot:2:

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts