Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the Pilot in for an oil change/tire rotation/transmission fluid flus yesterday (2013 with 61K). I bought it last year in November CPO so the 1 year warranty is still in effect. When they had it up on the lift they noticed that the compliance bushings were cracked so they replaced them and did an alignment under warranty. From what I searched here it seems that that could be a $700+ job from the dealer, so CPO warranty FTW! It rides so much better now too. I figured the shocks probably needed to be replaced. Glad that it didn't cost me a dime! I do wonder why they didn't notice them when it was in for brake work twice, or when they CPO'd it. I've only put about 6K miles on it since I purchased it.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Last week, I took my 2012 in for the passenger side airbag recall and asked them to look at the lower control arm bushings. The originals lasted 50k mi or so. Both replacements were cracked and leaking by 97k mi, and replaced again at last week's visit, under TSB A15-045, which I believe is 7 yrs or 100k miles, for 2.5 gen Pilots. Lute Riley Honda did it, and a free 4-wheel alignment, without complaint.

I was reminded how intact bushings tightened up the steering feel and mitigated the steering wheel vibration that was becoming steadily worse under moderate braking at freeway speeds.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Took the Pilot in for an oil change/tire rotation/transmission fluid flus yesterday (2013 with 61K). I bought it last year in November CPO so the 1 year warranty is still in effect. When they had it up on the lift they noticed that the compliance bushings were cracked so they replaced them and did an alignment under warranty. From what I searched here it seems that that could be a $700+ job from the dealer, so CPO warranty FTW! It rides so much better now too. I figured the shocks probably needed to be replaced. Glad that it didn't cost me a dime! I do wonder why they didn't notice them when it was in for brake work twice, or when they CPO'd it. I've only put about 6K miles on it since I purchased it.
Yes there is an extended warranty for the compliance bushings. CPO is almost a joke and any dealer with their "150 point inspection" it all gets pencil whipped.

I just bought a 2013 and the amount of things wrong with it straight from huggins honda in dfw were astonishing. But all gen 2 problems so i knew about them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes there is an extended warranty for the compliance bushings. CPO is almost a joke and any dealer with their "150 point inspection" it all gets pencil whipped.

I just bought a 2013 and the amount of things wrong with it straight from huggins honda in dfw were astonishing. But all gen 2 problems so i knew about them.
What else should I be on the lookout for before the warranty runs out? The one thing that made me go CPO over some other used car lot was the extended warranty, which so far, between some replaced interior pieces, brake work, and the bushings, has paid for the CPO added expense. Still have about 6 mos. and 6K miles left on the bumper to bumper and a couple years or 35K left on the powertrain.

·
Registered
143 Posts

What else should I be on the lookout for before the warranty runs out? The one thing that made me go CPO over some other used car lot was the extended warranty, which so far, between some replaced interior pieces, brake work, and the bushings, has paid for the CPO added expense. Still have about 6 mos. and 6K miles left on the bumper to bumper and a couple years or 35K left on the powertrain.
I understand buying a CPO for the extended warranty.

1st buy a vcm muzzler right away. It takes 30 seconds to install or remove (if you need to take it to the dealer)

the big one: misfire ( mine didnt even set off the CEL but you could feel it) sparkplugs #2 and #3 were shot.
Compliance bushings
Sway bar end links (rattle)
low air flow rear air (blower screen needs cleaned)
leaky washer fluid tank ( pump rubber seal to tank)

Timing belt @105k

·
Registered
719 Posts
Add....

Drivers power seat; cracked plastic trim/skirt.
Numerous small cracks appearing in the indicator window at the shifter
Paint rubbing off at steering wheel near buttons.
Clearcoat peeling on aluminum wheels
Failed motor mounts; cracks and leaking.
4-wheel drive vibrations related to VCM operation. VCMMuzzler should fix that.
Cabin temp calibration; when set for 70F, ours averages 75F.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts