Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Compliance bushing -picture included

687 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  RAL
12 Pilot 77,100 miles. Compliance bushing started leaking and looks like it’s leaked before. Can I still drive in this until I can get it to the shop? Also does this cause vibrations at 70mph +. I don’t notice any braking vibration just accelerating and some at any speed but in the steering wheel at 70mph + also- do you have to change the whole arm or just the bushing?
Tire Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
901 Posts
Can I still drive in this until I can get it to the shop?
If you mean "will it be OK this weekend, I'm dropping it off on Tuesday", then yes, almost certainly.

As you've noticed, it affects your steering and will contribute to tire wear. Even though you could probably get away with driving it like that for quite a while, you'll eventually chew up the tires, too.

Replace the whole control arm. If it were me and I planned to keep the car, I'd do the whole front suspension on both sides while you're at it. At 10 years, you got your money's worth, even if your mileage is low. Bite the bullet now, do one alignment, and drive it another 10.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you mean "will it be OK this weekend, I'm dropping it off on Tuesday", then yes, almost certainly.

As you've noticed, it affects your steering and will contribute to tire wear. Even though you could probably get away with driving it like that for quite a while, you'll eventually chew up the tires, too.

Replace the whole control arm. If it were me and I planned to keep the car, I'd do the whole front suspension on both sides while you're at it. At 10 years, you got your money's worth, even if your mileage is low. Bite the bullet now, do one alignment, and drive it another 10.
Ugh I’m second owner and still owe on the car. Or I would do alll suspension but for now I’ll do it as it needs it 🥲

· Registered
493 Posts
You can replace that compliance bushing but you have to take out the lower control arm. If you’re doing that I’d just replace the whole LCA that comes with the compliance bushing. You can buy the entire LCA from rock auto for about 250. To have a mechanic do it you’re looking at 1k for both sides.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can replace that compliance bushing but you have to take out the lower control arm. If you’re doing that I’d just replace the whole LCA that comes with the compliance bushing. You can buy the entire LCA from rock auto for about 250. To have a mechanic do it you’re looking at 1k for both sides.
My local mechanic is doing both for 1100 :)

· Registered
126 Posts
The cost of car repairs, like everything else, has skyrocketed. You are however better off getting it done before destroying your tires. And the condition of the roads certainly doesn’t help with front end wear - the cars take a beating daily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts