Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have or know where I could find such a thing? I have been doing some searching on the net but it seems that most sights only give a partial listing that you have to enter a radius for or state by state?... also a lot of them are such that the dealr must sign up for the service:3:

·
Registered
919 Posts
I've not seen a raw listing of them. What is your goal here? If we knew, there might be a different way to get you to what you need.

Chris

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am scouring dealers coast to cost for the best price on a new EX

·
Registered
919 Posts
For the time and effort involved in such a project, would it not be worthwhile to use one of the online brokers for this?

Chris

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I have gone though most of them so far I am at $1100 down from MSRP and cost on Accesories, BUT I WANT MORE

·
Registered
919 Posts
That's great! I don't want to discourage you, but at that point I would think that the return on the amount of time required to get any lower than that would be a concern. That's as rock bottom as I've heard with the exception of one person who was just flat out charged the wrong price from the dealer.

Good luck! At $1,100 off MSRP, you are my new hero. :6:

Chris

·
Registered
592 Posts
$1100 under MSRP is great. But if the dealer is out of the area, don't forget to add either 'shipping or flying out and driving back' costs.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its within a 100 miles, and not to popular a vehicle in my state

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will let you know as soon as the contract is finalized

·
Registered
698 Posts
PILOTHEAD said:
I will let you know as soon as the contract is finalized
There are several Honda dealers in Michigan and only one of which I would NOT recommend using; Troy Honda in Troy, Michigan.

They were abominable.

I wanted a 5-speed Heather LX. Troy Honda kept pushing me to take one of the cars on the lot - none of which matched that description whatsoever. No LX's, no 5-speeds and no Heather Mist.

Finally the saleswoman, seeing that I wanted what I wanted and not what she wanted me to take -- LIED to me, telling me that we could not get Heather Mist in. It would be months and months. My car was in such bad shape and I needed a new one sooner than later, so, I put down a good faith deposit on a RAISIN-colored LX, with automatic. A far cry from what I wanted.

In disgust, that evening I logged on to the internet and tried Auto-By-Tel.

Sure enough, I saved $5,000 and got an Accord with a 5-speed manual transmission, in Heather Mist and an EX - not an LX.

The next day, I canceled my transaction with Troy Honda and the saleswoman and the sales manager, could not have been ruder or more obnoxious if they tried. Even suggesting that I was not eligible to get my good faith deposit back. I told them I saved so much on using Auto-by-Tel they could just keep my deposit. (Of course, I did get it back...)

Anyway, the Auto-by-Tel dealer DROVE the vehicle to my office - so that I would not have to drive all the way out to their dealership - after filling up the tank for me. I would strongly recommend Rosenau Honda (the auto-by-tel dealership), as well as Tamaroff Honda - both of which are professional, courteous and forthright. GREAT people.

Just my experience,
CopperPoppy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts