Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't plan to ever use the 3rd row seat (I carry equipment for my work) but I really like the grocery bag hooks in the hidden compartment. It's also geat for picking up plants from the store.

The only way to hold the door up is to open the 3rd row seat, install a headrest on it, then you can hook the door up.
I have thought of trying a bungee cord to one of the 2nd row seats but it seams like there should be a better way.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
664 Posts
How about replacing the current string with a longer one that could reach to the roof and latch where the 3rd row middle seat belt does? Maybe you could even attach it to the side walls with the same idea?

·
Registered
236 Posts
lid

Or maybe a short string on each side that hooks into the side grocery bag clips.

I agree that there should be a better way to keep the lid up without having the third row up. That storage is great for keeping things from rolling around in the back.

Maybe Honda can develop a 4" hydraulic lift for it.:D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your suggestions.
I looked at extending the cord to the roof but it's not very stable (it's too far left) and I would have to put a hook in.
A bungee to the 2nd row works ok but you have to climb in to hook it up.
I will try to connect it on the sides that will probably be more stable.
They should have made it self locking somehow.

I think the hydraulic lift will be a part of the moonroof package.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem solved.
Two short bungees from the cargo net top hooks to the bottom one's work great. In the absence of bungees the cargo net holds the cover up also.

Thanks again for the ideas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts