Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am supposed to take delivery of a White 2004 EXL-RES tomorrow. After reading many of posts on this web site -- especially in the Problems forum - I am beginning to get cold feet. Between the scrunching, crunching, 70 MPH vibrations and the glove box noises, I am worried that I may be stuck with a problem car for the next 4 years (I am leasing). Thoughts / comments?

Andy

·
Registered
771 Posts
Relax! As we have mentioned earlier, thousands and thousands of Pilots ahve been sold over the past year and this board only hosts a tiny amount of purchasers. Scrunching and vibrating are minor annoyances that have only affected a few early on buyers...those who bought as soon as they came out. I bought mine in 7/03, have almost 6,000 miles and zero problems.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I agree with Alexandra242628. Everyone likes to discuss and debate everything "problem" which comes up, it's just human nature. Everyone with a problem (minor, major, or imagined) looks for reassurance.

If every problem free owner posted to this forum and received the same number of responses, I think the web server would crash from overload.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
choose any car....search for a forum on that and see if problem exists....if you find a car with no problems reported buy it...otherwise comeback to the pilot :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe this is just some sort of twisted group therapy that I needed; but I am starting to fell better. Thanks.

Andy

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:D where are you located? maybe it is the fall's low temp average.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
asutor said:
Maybe this is just some sort of twisted group therapy that I needed; but I am starting to fell better. Thanks.

Andy
Wow - now I'm really worried about YOU!!! If you feel better after talking to all of us TWISTED souls!! :eek:

All kidding aside - "most" everyone here will agree that the Pilot is one fine vehicle. A few problems, but nothing really out of the norm. I'm not preaching that we should accept mediocrity - just that all vehicles have some problems and the Pilot is no exception.

I have NO regrets on my purchase!!

Good luck!
:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
asutor said:
I am beginning to get cold feet.
Andy
For you it's cold feet .. for me it was a case of buyers remorse. I stumbled across this web site after buying my Pilot. After reading about the various problems I started to panic " OH NO !! WHAT HAVE I DONE" :25: :25:. But a friend told me to look at forums for other SUV manufactures (one's I may have thought I should have purchased ..instead of the Pilot) and I would probably find just as many problems discussed in those forums as well.

He was RIGHT :1pat: I like my Pilot .. I think I'll keep her :D :D

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
I've had a few minor issues with my Pilot, but no more than the Highlander it replaced, and a lot less than the RAV4 that replaced. And, you'll not find a better web site, IMHO, with such great people and a wealth of information, as this one.

·
Registered
725 Posts
To asutor:

Put your "cold feet" and in some socks and don't sweat it.

Don't let some of the problems listed on this site get you uptight.

I have 30,000 miles on my PILOT since 09/02 - and I've only had one recall to deal with. The rest of my experience has been great and so will yours.

Enjoy your new PILOT!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Re: To asutor:

PILOTinginCO said:
Put your "cold feet" and in some socks and don't sweat it.

Don't let some of the problems listed on this site get you uptight.

I have 30,000 miles on my PILOT since 09/02 - and I've only had one recall to deal with. The rest of my experience has been great and so will yours.

Enjoy your new PILOT!
30,000 miles since 9/02??? WOW!! I have only 18k since 6/02...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Re: Re: Cold Feet

mca3851 said:
For you it's cold feet .. for me it was a case of buyers remorse. I stumbled across this web site after buying my Pilot. After reading about the various problems I stared to panic " OH NO !! WHAT HAVE I DONE" :25: :25:. But a friend told me to look at forums for other SUV manufactures (one's I may have thought I should have purchased ..instead of the Pilot) and I would probably find just as many problems discussed in those forums as well.

He was RIGHT :1pat: I like my Pilot .. I think I'll keep her :D :D
Same here! 2 months and 3,000 miles later, no qualms, and I just found an elusive Maisto Power Racer on Monday! I'm hooked!

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Re: Re: To asutor:

MG Pilot said:
30,000 miles since 9/02??? WOW!! I have only 18k since 6/02...
I already have 13900 miles since 04/21/03:cool:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
problems

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=606&highlight=rattling+windows
http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=66

You could buy a Murano but then you might have the rattling window problem for example. The people on the Murano boards will discuss their problems but they are still quite happy with their vehicles. There are minor problems with all vehicles not just the Pilot. The fact that you see things discussed in such detail here is that everyone likes their Pilot so much and as a result is much more "aware" of their vehicle. You'll be quite happy with the Pilot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
:( I felt the same way prior to today after ordered the pilot couple weeks ago.

Reading so many complains does not make me feel good either. On the other hand, it helps me to expect the worse and know what to look for during PDI.

I picked up my Pilot 2004 EX-L Sage Brush this morning. I put in 150 miles so far. Everything looks good, no scrunching, no crunching, no 70 MPH vibrations, no door noise, no gas tank slashing, no wind noise from the roof rack, no glove box noises .......
:2: :2: :2:

Unfortunately, I do notice couple "issues" :3: :3:

1. One of the plastic cover for the roof rack flew away. Dealer is ordering one now.
2. The ride is great on the highway. However, it is very ROUGH around town. It is worse than my astro van when it goes over any bump or small potholes.

Is there threads discuss the "ROUGH RIDE"? Thanks
:confused:

Other than those two, I am very happy with the pilot SO FAR.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
C87 said:
:( I felt the same way prior to today after ordered the pilot couple weeks ago.

Reading so many complains does not make me feel good either. On the other hand, it helps me to expect the worse and know what to look for during PDI.

I picked up my Pilot 2004 EX-L Sage Brush this morning. I put in 150 miles so far. Everything looks good, no scrunching, no crunching, no 70 MPH vibrations, no door noise, no gas tank slashing, no wind noise from the roof rack, no glove box noises .......
:2: :2: :2:

Unfortunately, I do notice couple "issues" :3: :3:

1. One of the plastic cover for the roof rack flew away. Dealer is ordering one now.
2. The ride is great on the highway. However, it is very ROUGH around town. It is worse than my astro van when it goes over any bump or small potholes.

Is there threads discuss the "ROUGH RIDE"? Thanks
:confused:

Other than those two, I am very happy with the pilot SO FAR.
Have you checked the air pressure in your tires? They recommended pressure is 32, but the Pilots are delivered with sometimes a lot more air in the tires, creating a harsh ride.

·
Registered
483 Posts
asutor said:
I am worried that I may be stuck with a problem car for the next 4 years (I am leasing). Thoughts / comments?

Andy
4 years on a lease, wow, that sounds like a long time for basically a "rental". Have you thought about possibly purchasing the Pilot, that way you would at least have some equity in 4 or 5 years, versus having to drop the car off and having nothing after making 4 years of payments?

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
C87 said:
:(no gas tank slashing,
this cannot go away.....this is not a problem its a design issue....have you filled the gas tank full....:eek: :1:

·
Registered
496 Posts
ramirami said:
this cannot go away.....this is not a problem its a design issue....have you filled the gas tank full....:eek: :1:
What issue is this? Is it sloshing or slashing? I haven't noticed anything (only been ~500 , though).

I did notice the odd wind noise that I think someone was referring to in another thread (haven't found the thread again, yet). I've only heard it twice, but I think when I get a crosswind it manifests itself. I hear on the right side of the vehicle (no passenger, so I don't know what is heard from that side). Easily drowned out by the radio at low volume, though. Not a big deal.

On my old camry, when the wind speed was right (85+ whether by driving or head wind + driving) the side mirrors would wale (kinda like when one whistles through ones hands like a conch shell). So, I'm thinking it's something like that - certain conditions come together to create the sound. Since it isn't loud, it hasn't bothered me yet (the camry sound could get quite loud).

kad

·
Registered
53 Posts
jay said:
SNIP...And, you'll not find a better web site, IMHO, with such great people and a wealth of information, as this one.
I have to agree with you jay on this one. I've been really impressed with the people on this website. You look at some other owner driven forums and there is a lot of flaming. Maybe the Pilot is marketed toward nice people...or maybe it breeds niceness.

BTW...Build date of our Pilot is 11/3..Whoo-hoo!!:2:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts