Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just recently ran into the p3400 code on my 2014 Honda Pilot witch turn out to be a faulty rocker cam oil pressure switch
I took the sensor out and cleaned it with a bit of degreaser and air put the sensor back in and everything is working fine I did a bit more research into the problem and a lot of sensor start having issues with dirty oil now my oil life still said 10% that was a bit confusing to me so check into a little further I researched the oil and oil filter witch was a fram oil filter and they seem to be one of the worst oil filter to use now I can’t say for sure that’s what caused my problem but me personally will never use a fram anything in vehicles anyway that’s my rant

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Mobile 1 since day 1 never looked back

·
Registered
11 Posts
What's a VCM Muzzler? I'm now on my third P3400 and it won' t let the guy at NAPA clear the code. Sure wish I could trust my dealership.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
What's a VCM Muzzler? I'm now on my third P3400 and it won' t let the guy at NAPA clear the code. Sure wish I could trust my dealership.
Look in the sticky section at the top for some details. It essentially fools the PCM into thinking the engine is still too cold, so VCM doesn't engage.

As far as the NAPA guy not being able to reset the code... Consider that there is actually a fault in the sensor or actuator, and that the code won't reset while the fault persists. Replace the pressure switch. If it still gives the code, pop the cove off and look. There's no way for mere mortals (those of use without ready access to HDS...) to run a function diagnostic on the system. Recommendations here are to use the factory switch, as some of the aftermarket pieces continue to throw codes.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Mobil 1 won't save you. Make sure you run a vcm muzzler.
Got something better installed now hitting 100 k later no BS issues so far

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I just recently ran into the p3400 code on my 2014 Honda Pilot witch turn out to be a faulty rocker cam oil pressure switch
I took the sensor out and cleaned it with a bit of degreaser and air put the sensor back in and everything is working fine I did a bit more research into the problem and a lot of sensor start having issues with dirty oil now my oil life still said 10% that was a bit confusing to me so check into a little further I researched the oil and oil filter witch was a fram oil filter and they seem to be one of the worst oil filter to use now I can’t say for sure that’s what caused my problem but me personally will never use a fram anything in vehicles anyway that’s my rant
I had the same code on my 2015 Pilot Touring 4WD and was very disappointed. Just out of warranty and starts tossing emissions codes. Luckily someone on this forum or another said to replace this part. Just like they said, it worked and the engine code is gone and the ECO mode is working again. I do have the ECO delete but never installed it. I only bought one and tried the one on the back driver side of the engine first. That did not work so I swapped the one on the front passenger side of the engine. Bingo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts