Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a check engine light and a flashing D on the dash, as well as it wouldn’t shift into 4th gear. I checked the trans fluid and it was a hair below the minimum line so I filled it to the max line. I scanned the codes and got the P0842, possible issues were low fluid, and some sensors. The check engine light is still on. Will this check light go off after some driving or is it another issue?

·
Registered
75 Posts
yes like most diagnostic codes it takes several days to clear. With this particular error I've been dealing with it going on and off for a year. The transmission oil is perfect and clean. I downloaded the directions to change the brown ol switch and bought a new switch then the error code went away for months. Then it periodically comes on after I fill the gas tank which has nothing to do with transmission oil! The Engine light and Blinking D always goes out when I hit 1/4 of a tank. This happened the last 4 times. As of right now with the cold weather I have not had an engine light nor the Blinking D error for the last month!! New Switch still in the box. I Don't trust the Honda Diagnostic Software.
I discovered that the VTM error comes on when you change the air filter and unplug electrical connector. The air filter should have nothing to do with the variable transmission or hill locking so it makes no sense that you get a VTM error. Crazy. Then you read about all the people that got charged Hundreds of dollars at the Honda Dealership that ended up saying it was a ghost error! Then the people shouldn't have paid a dime if it is Honda Ghost errors. 1st and last Honda SUV for me especially now I see the larger problems in 2018, 2019's.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a check engine light and a flashing D on the dash, as well as it wouldn’t shift into 4th gear. I checked the trans fluid and it was a hair below the minimum line so I filled it to the max line. I scanned the codes and got the P0842, possible issues were low fluid, and some sensors. The check engine light is still on. Will this check light go off after some driving or is it another issue?
Transmission pressure switches. Do both. Found mine on Amazon for around 100 for both. They need to be changed out about every 50k lucky I never got a code just nasty shifting

1 - 3 of 3 Posts