Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started up car today and got check engine and blinking d. Made it home and shut off car. Restarted and d is no longer blinking but check engine light on. I ran The scanner and shows P0842 code.

looks Like the 2nd gear switch might be bad. Looked around the engine and fourms for location. Couldn’t find it.

any idea where the switch would be? I found pics and videos for the 4th gear under the battery

2014 pilot exl

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,331 Posts
Lets check the fluid level for starters.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Search is your friend. Use "advanced search" option and select the "2012-2015 Pilot" forum. Use "pressure switch"+P0842, with quotes around "pressure switch" phrase as your search term. Look at related P0847 code. The first several will give you details on the problem including location pics. Heed the guidance about using a Genuine Honda replacement switch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Search is your friend. Use "advanced search" option and select the "2012-2015 Pilot" forum. Use "pressure switch"+P0842, with quotes around "pressure switch" phrase as your search term. Look at related P0847 code. The first several will give you details on the problem including location pics. Heed the guidance about using a Genuine Honda replacement switch.

I did do a search and there are no posts about p0842. I can find p0847 errors. is it the same switch under the battery?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lets check the fluid level for starters.

fluid level was good. I went ahead and do a fresh drain and refill with maxlife this time. Last time I changed it I used castrol atf.

I resetted the code and drove appox 15 miles and seems like it its running normal and light didnt came back on yet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts