Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a clothing hanger in the Pilot? Only palce I seem to see to hang clothes is on the passenger handles, and the fact that they are lights, usually result in the light being on when it shouldn't! Any suggestions? :confused:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Harddrv -- those passenger grab handles are indeed your coat hooks!! The excerpt from the owner's manual is included below. I believe if you hook your hanger on the part of the handle that is NOT the light switch, then you should be okay....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
The handles work great for dry cleaning hangers. Used them in my Accord even though the "real" hooks were right there.
Alot easier and bigger than the dang hooks.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Sage said:
The handles work great for dry cleaning hangers. Used them in my Accord even though the "real" hooks were right there.
Alot easier and bigger than the dang hooks.
Same here!

·
Registered
16 Posts
The best solution for dry cleaning is to raise the 2nd row seat headrest a clkick or two. Loop the hangers around the metal and then push the headrest back down to hold everything in place. Not only are the clothes nice and flat against the seat but they are not blocking your view. Wow I feel like I am writing Hints from Heloise!!!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
erpeters said:
The best solution for dry cleaning is to raise the 2nd row seat headrest a clkick or two. Loop the hangers around the metal and then push the headrest back down to hold everything in place. Not only are the clothes nice and flat against the seat but they are not blocking your view. Wow I feel like I am writing Hints from Heloise!!!
Hey, I like it! I never did feel comfortable having my view partially blocked by dry cleaning......but having the slippery bagged clothing fall off the seat and/or get wrinkled wasn't a good solution either.

Anything to make life's little chores easier.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Don't the hangers scratch the metal posts? :(

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Sage said:
Don't the hangers scratch the metal posts? :(
I thought about that, but wouldn't the exposed metal normally be pushed down all or most of the way into the seat.....so you'd REALLY have to be looking to see a mark?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Ziploc said:

I thought about that, but wouldn't the exposed metal normally be pushed down all or most of the way into the seat.....so you'd REALLY have to be looking to see a mark?
Yea - thought of that too but I"D know the scratch was there & it's drive me nuts! OK - MORE nuts! :jump3:

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Re: Perfect Solution

kemosabe said:
.....my family doesn't have to worry about hanger scratches on the Pilot after picking up our clothes from the dry cleaners.....
and here is kemosabe in his fresh drycleaned clothes :D

Attachments

·
Registered
991 Posts
a haa, Kemosabe has competition!

this is going to be interesting.

:eek:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
gopilot said:
a haa, Kemosabe has competition!

this is going to be interesting.

:eek:
Yea - a couple of 'em! :4:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sage, won't the hangeers also scratch the handles. They have in my prevcious vehicles...I have not noticed any scratches on the metal and I do DC every week. I will check and let you know...:4:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
erpeters said:
Sage, won't the hangeers also scratch the handles. They have in my prevcious vehicles...I have not noticed any scratches on the metal and I do DC every week. I will check and let you know...:4:
Didn't in my Accord but if they did scratch the metal posts wouldn't it be more prone to rust than the handles? :confused:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Sage said:

Didn't in my Accord but if they did scratch the metal posts wouldn't it be more prone to rust than the handles? :confused:
Would it be too much trouble to just keep an old washcloth or something similar in the Pilot and place it in between the metal hangers and the posts?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Ziploc said:

Would it be too much trouble to just keep an old washcloth or something similar in the Pilot and place it in between the metal hangers and the posts?
Well now you're talkin', Ziploc!! Good idea for those who want to hang on metal posts! I knew someone would come up with something BRILLIANT!! :29:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts