Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pictures of EX cloth seats they could post? I've looked through the Gallery and can't find any decent pictures of just the seats. I haven't seen an EX cloth and I think I would prefer this over the leather. Is the cloth as 'cushy' as the leather in the Pilot. We had an '02 Odyssey EX cloth and I though there was quite a bit of difference in seat padding vs. the EXL. I would choose the EXL in that if I had to do over. Although, generally I prefer cloth.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The seats are cushy and seem identically padded. They are velourish but the quality looks good. I've been looking at pilots for awhile and the cloth seats are still fresh in my memory.

·
Registered
608 Posts
we have a EX-cloth. my dad and i test drove a EXL before buying cloth. both cloth and leather seats felt equally cushioned, just the fact that leather was more slippery and cloth more grippy. i dont have access to a digital camera right now, so i cant take any pictures. sorry :( .

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
We were initially dead set on getting leather and even took home an EX-L RES over SuperBowl weekend. After sleeping on it, we decided that we really didn't need the RES or the L for the money and ended up taking it back to the dealership that Monday morning.

The cloth in our EX is very comfortable and durable, and, by the way, less money.

·
Registered
199 Posts
A photo will be hard to use for determining what to do. Better find a cloth one to look at! I really like the cloth seats in mine--they are very comfortable in any temperature, easy to care for, and look great. I protect the rear seat from the dogs with a waterproof cloth cover, but I would do that with any seat.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. I feel better about getting a cloth model now. The pictures and your comments helped. In the Odyssey, you could see the difference in the padding. The Pilot looks the same.

Now, if I could just get a dealer around me to order an '04 model EX cloth. I need it for a trip in Sept. I hope I can get it before then.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I just got the Pilot with cloth earlier in the week and I love it. My last car was leather and it really took a beating from my kids. It gon wrinkled and very dirty (I had beige).

·
Registered
103 Posts
There are advantages to both leather and cloth, but considerng the many complaints about sagging leather, we're relieved to not have that problem. After 6 months our cloth seats still look like new. I think the secret is to not let passengers use the Pilot as a dine-in cafe' and keep all felt tip pens and markers off-limits.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Me Likey The Cloth!!!

I have the cloth seats in my Sagebrush Pearl-EX and like it. I had leather in my previous vehicle (Ford Eddie Bauer Expedition - don't get me started on that p.o.s.) and thought I would miss not having leather seats - but I haven't!!!!!!

I think the cloth is a good choice, plus you save a few bucks!

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX

1 - 10 of 10 Posts