Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Does your Pilot have cloth or leather seats?

• Cloth seats

Votes: 56 36.6%
  • Leather seats

Votes: 97 63.4%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cloth or leather?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
It's a personal thing. I just don't care for leather seats in my vehicle. My wife's Audi has them, and I get way to sweaty driving her car in the summer. YUCK!! Sticky Boxers!!!:eek:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Leather, due to NAVI, but I would have been just as happy with cloth.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Leather, but I too would have chosen cloth. This is my first vehicle with leather. The only car available when I needed it was an EX-L, so I took it. I like the leather though, even with the sag.

Evergreen

·
Registered
136 Posts
Leather is best

I really like leather every since I got my first car with it. The old cloth seats seemed like sitting with velcro on your back side.
However, as many of you know, I did not order mine with the honda factory leather. I did not know about the sag problem at that time but for some reason I did not like the perf look.
I opted to order my ex with cloth, and then before I even took delilvery had the cloth taken off and replaced with two tone classic soft trim leather.

Here is the link to the photos for you to see again. There are 6 photos so be sure to follow down the thread.
http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=621&perpage=15&pagenumber=8

I am really glad I went this route as they are doing fine after 2000 miles.

Regards,
Bob:jump3:

·
Registered
664 Posts
I got the cloth because I have young kids and cars seats. I really would have liked the DVD system but couldn't justify the leather for it. I especially couldn't justify it with the cost of the leather.

I think your poll maybe a little misleading, is what you have or what you would have preferred?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
LEATHER IS THE ONLY WAY!

I am a mother of 3, and need leather...I have little boys...
I have owned vehicles with both, and the leather cleans up so quickly...drive-thru sodas and ketchup,muddy shoes...NO STAINS. Gotta be leather for me and my piggies.:jump3: :jump3: :jump3:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Four kids, 13, 11, 9 & 4, all SLOBS--- gotta be LEATHER! I've had both, but leather definitely cleans up well. Temperatures here in beautiful central Ohio haven't been above 20 in the past eight days, so heated seats would have been REALLY nice! Maybe next time...

·
Registered
725 Posts
Our Choice

My wife and I chose the cloth option, because it didn't matter to us either way, and trying to find an EX-L in the Sagebrush Pearl back in late July/early August was proving to be extremely difficult.

Plus, we didn't need the NAVI or the RES because we won't have any kids for another year or so, and my guess is we can have a rear entertainment system added to our EX for much less than what Honda is charging for the option.

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX
Parker, CO

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
My wife and I both prefer cloth... but with a 2-year old and another "litle boy in the oven", leather was the more practical choice (cleanup-wise).

·
Registered
920 Posts
I agree that leather, in general, cleans up better. But, perforated leather, as we have in our Pilots, does not...

Any thoughts???

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
MG Pilot said:
I agree that leather, in general, cleans up better. But, perforated leather, as we have in our Pilots, does not...

Any thoughts???
HMMMM....good point....
HAS ANYONE HAD TO CLEAN UP A SPILL ON THEIR LEATHER?...so far I haven't allowed any food since I'm still honeymoonin'
;)

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I definitely wanted, and got, cloth, because I hate to sit on COLD LEATHER on a wintry day...and find cloth is also gentler when the interior is hot.

I was also concerned about stains--greasy, or something like (God forbid) cranberry juice--getting on leather. My leather furniture has been marked forever by a couple of penetrating stains that have stayed put, and I was afraid the same thing might happen with leather seats. On the other hand, I've had pretty good results getting out stains from cloth seats in the past. Plus, I think cloth, depending on the color, tends to disguise most problems better.

(P.S. I'm not really a big slob, but reality dictates that snacking/eating/drinking will take place in the car.)

·
Registered
136 Posts
MG Pilot said:

Any thoughts???
I did not like the look of the perforated leather the first time I saaaw it. My dealer was using a local trim shop to install Classic Soft Trim leather to the ex that were not selling because everyone around here sending 28-32,000 for a vehicle wanted leather seats. He had to order some without , so he had the leather changed as soon as they came on the lot. I liked the smooth so much bettter and they have a bit of extra padding that it made the seats even more plush. I am glad I got the after market leather and got it in two tone colors and got the third seat done too for about what the diff would have been for factory leather.
Regards,
bob
see my other posts for photos :11:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have, and enjoy, leather on my early Porsche and Ford Woody wagon, but the idea of sitting on leather in our -5 degree winters and 100 degree summers is not my idea of "luxury", especially since the heated seats are not an option. I think it is strange that you can't get navigation without leather, I don't see the connection. Actually I would not have taken the leather if it was free, just my opinion.

·
Registered
900 Posts
We have messy kids and this is our second car with leather.
Cleans up very nice. I'd vote for no perforation holes if I had a vote, but it hasn't seemed to be a problem yet.

This reminds me of catbert's post
http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2027
"Things I learned on my vacation this week"
which includes some reasons for getting leather. :)
It's a hoot.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Ziploc said:
I definitely wanted, and got, cloth, because I hate to sit on COLD LEATHER on a wintry day...and find cloth is also gentler when the interior is hot.
Yes, my wife and I are with you on this one. Even with the heated seats, it still takes a while before they warm up. And what about the middle rows where the children sit? I didn't like the idea of my girls freezing their tushes off.
I was also concerned about stains--greasy, or something like (God forbid) cranberry juice--getting on leather. My leather furniture has been marked forever by a couple of penetrating stains that have stayed put, and I was afraid the same thing might happen with leather seats. On the other hand, I've had pretty good results getting out stains from cloth seats in the past. Plus, I think cloth, depending on the color, tends to disguise most problems better.
Yeah, I agree also. While the leather is easier to clean up and might repell certain stains, once something sets in, it's in there for good. Whereas the cloth seats can be shampooed or sprayed with.
(P.S. I'm not really a big slob, but reality dictates that snacking/eating/drinking will take place in the car.)
LOL. That reminds me of my bachelor days. I filled up 2 of those big garbage bins with all the fastfood trash one day. Gave a few folks to chuckle about while filling up their cars.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts