Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife just got a new 2019 EX-L with Navi, we are having craziness with the Clock and Time Zone, seems the auto setting keeps changing were we are located.

Does anyone know where the Auto Setting is getting its information?

thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
Wife just got a new 2019 EX-L with Navi, we are having craziness with the Clock and Time Zone, seems the auto setting keeps changing were we are located.

Does anyone know where the Auto Setting is getting its information?

thanks
We have a 2019 EX-L w/o Navi. Settings have been auto date, time and time zone since purchase in Dec 2018. This week we noticed the clock is 1 hr behind. Now maybe it’s been this way since the DST switch in April but I think we would have noticed before now. The owner’s manual is no help since it indicates the auto setting option isn’t available w/o Navi. I fixed it by turning off auto time zone but I’m curious why Auto Setting is even an option w/o Navi. Where does Auto Setting get its info for vehicles w/o Nav?

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Navigation Manual, page 104 has this

The Owners Manual, page 439 has a section on "System Date & Time" which describes automatic and manual settings. This might help.

Reactions: JSF111

·
Registered
4 Posts
We are having the same issue. 2019 Honda Pilot Touring. A few days ago we noticed the time was behind 1 hour. We are in the Chicagoland area. Both the Set Automatic Time and Set Automatic Timezone are both enabled (defaults). The correct time is only displayed if I turn off the Set Automatic Timezone setting and tell it I am in the Central time zone. It seems to me that the GPS interpretation thinks we are in the Mountain time zone. I have pulled the radio fuse, unhooked the car battery, and plugged in a USB keyboard (CONT-ALT-DELETE) trying to reset the clock settings. None of which worked. I have not yet tried to reset everything to factory default settings but I am not confident that will work. I was going to take it to the dealer next week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are having the same issue. 2019 Honda Pilot Touring. A few days ago we noticed the time was behind 1 hour. We are in the Chicagoland area. Both the Set Automatic Time and Set Automatic Timezone are both enabled (defaults). The correct time is only displayed if I turn off the Set Automatic Timezone setting and tell it I am in the Central time zone. It seems to me that the GPS interpretation thinks we are in the Mountain time zone. I have pulled the radio fuse, unhooked the car battery, and plugged in a USB keyboard (CONT-ALT-DELETE) trying to reset the clock settings. None of which worked. I have not yet tried to reset everything to factory default settings but I am not confident that will work. I was going to take it to the dealer next week.
Let us know if you go to the dealership!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Let us know if you go to the dealership!
Looks like Odyssey owners are having the same problem and looking at Honda’s website the Odyssey SW version is identical to the Pilot’s.
No mention of this problem on the 10th gen Accord forums.
I’m pretty sure that my non Navi EXL has a GPS receiver that’s used for location services. There’s an app in the display that pulls location (time zone), date and time from the GPS receiver. When I first noticed the clock issue, the System Update icon was showing a yellow triangle. When I opened the updates app an error message appeared that said something like “update could not complete”. After clearing the message, the display indicated I had the latest updates. The version on my display matches latest version according to Honda’s website B1.0.21 dated 12-13-2018.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I wonder if the issue is with the Garmin Navi software?

I have seen lots of articles about how they changed how GPS calculate date time now.

I know the issue started when I updated the Navi. Wonder if I back rev the software.....

This will have to stealth experiment, since the pilot is the wife's truck.....

·
Registered
164 Posts

I have seen lots of articles about how they changed how GPS calculate date time now.

I know the issue started when I updated the Navi. Wonder if I back rev the software.....

What could possibly go wrong? ?

·
Registered
4 Posts

I was thinking same thing. I reinstalled the Garmin map update. Still the same problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I believe I fixed it on our pilot. Stein97, you got me thinking more on the navigation. I pulled the radio fuse again. This time though I had the screen on the Garmin navigation. Then I pulled the radio fuse. I waited for 5 minutes then put the fuse back in. When I turned the car on, the Garmin screen showed “acquiring satellites”. Once satellites were acquired, I went to the time setting and changed the auto time zone setting back to auto. The time stayed correct to the central time zone. Hopefully it stays correct.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have this as an ongoing issue and I believe (per many conversations and much research) it has to do with the Infotainment Software (needing a patch, potentially coming sometime..). You can reset the GPS as stated above - either remove the Negative connection on the battery for 5 mins and restart, or the battery backup fuse for 10 mins and restart. The best advice I have is to not use Apple Play/Android and allow the software in the car to boot up each time without pairing your phone. I literally took the Honda App off my iphone and unpaired it completely. Now my GPS starts up fine each time (you can tell because it displays a very small red icon on the right side top of the screen when it's not working). I can still use my phone via bluetooth (for phone and audio) and haven't had the GPS problem. That said - I am concerned that the other Infotainment problems will start (read all over about crackling audio, audio failures, spedometer failures). I have a nice Dealer Service Manager and I check with him every week and plan to do so until Honda releases the software fix.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got the notice in my car to download and run the update today - did anyone else do it? I'd like to see the documentation for what they said it will fix... The car gave me a link to follow for information, but there's nothing there...

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
The B.1.0.26 update did not fix the clock problem on my EX-L...at least not yet. It’s been 2 days since it installed. Did the update fix the clock for anyone else?

·
Registered
25 Posts
The B.1.0.26 update did not fix the clock problem on my EX-L...at least not yet. It’s been 2 days since it installed. Did the update fix the clock for anyone else?
Mine is also still an hour off if I let it automatically pick the time zone. If I manually chose my time zone it is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Glad to know I'm not the only one. Kinda disappointed - I wish I felt more confident in Honda's ability to fix software issues... Installed on Friday, no obvious change in my auto-time zone or anything else. Still not using Apple Car Play since my service manaer suggested that is the big issue with infotainment... Remind me why I bought this car with all the bells and whistles?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts