Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I don't know if this is a "problem" or just a design oversight or what, but... How hard would it have been to make the automatic climate control check the engine temp?

This morning It was 32 degrees, I get in my pilot and have the climate control on full auto 72 degrees. What does it do? Blasts cold air from the vents at full tilt thinking it's heating me up. The problem is the car is cold, so it's actually making me colder!

So can I look forward to not using my auto climate control all winter (which is about 9 months long where I live)? :(

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
That, and how about this...

I don't like that either, so I usually have my fan turned down to two "bars"
Does anyone else ever have this problem:
Getting into the Pilot in the morning and the LCD is completely blank. It happened before, and I thought I had turned it off the night before. This morning I get in and have to "kick start" the climate control readout, and I KNOW I hadn't turned it off last night.
Has anyone else had this happen?
Does my Pilot have electrical issues?
God I hope not...memories of my old chevy still haunt me...
I'm about to call up my dealer, but thought that you ALL KNOWING Pilot.org members would know more than them ;)

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
waiting4mypilot said:
Ok, I don't know if this is a "problem" or just a design oversight or what, but... How hard would it have been to make the automatic climate control check the engine temp?

This morning It was 32 degrees, I get in my pilot and have the climate control on full auto 72 degrees. What does it do? Blasts cold air from the vents at full tilt thinking it's heating me up. The problem is the car is cold, so it's actually making me colder!

So can I look forward to not using my auto climate control all winter (which is about 9 months long where I live)? :(
Seem to recall that unless you have it set on "HI" it should wait till th ecar is warmed up to brring the fan to full.

You sure you are in "Full Auto" not just "Auto"?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I know when mine is on "full auto" alittle bit of air will come out and as soon as the tmep gauge comes up the fan increases speed

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Mine's never done a blast when the outside temp's 32 and the control is 72 just at startup. The fan speed increases as the engine temp warms up.

I'd been in the habit of leaving it off until the engine warmed up, but sometimes got fogged windows as a result, so I usually turn it on immediately, and it always goes through the warmup routine.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
jay said:
Mine's never done a blast when the outside temp's 32 and the control is 72 just at startup. The fan speed increases as the engine temp warms up.

I'd been in the habit of leaving it off until the engine warmed up, but sometimes got fogged windows as a result, so I usually turn it on immediately, and it always goes through the warmup routine.
I just leave it on full auto, and save myself all the agravation of adjusting it or remembering to turn it on. (It does auto defog fairly well)

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
N_Jay said:

I just leave it on full auto, and save myself all the agravation of adjusting it or remembering to turn it on. (It does auto defog fairly well)
thats what I do...fully agree with you there...:D

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think that is what happens when it is in Auto . On Full Auto it works fine for me

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah it looks like I may have jumped the gun. When I got in at lunch today it was on Auto and not Full auto. I switched to full auto and it didn't blast the fan...

·
Registered
725 Posts
My experiences....

I have found the only time I get full blasts of air is if I have the defrosters on.

Otherwise, I haven't had any problems with the climate control blasting me with air unless my PILOT has heated up.

Just my two cents!

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX
Parker, CO

·
Registered
41 Posts
Awaiting delivery in late May, early June '03

If you are waiting for delivery in late May or early June in '03, how do you have your Pilot already???

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Re: Awaiting delivery in late May, early June '03

rdy2tk3 said:
If you are waiting for delivery in late May or early June in '03, how do you have your Pilot already???
I was wondering the same thing...did you get a surprise phone call from the dealer? Love that feeling! You'll have to change your name now :)
(BTW I had my climate on AUTO too...thinking it was FULL auto)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts