Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all this is my first post and I am looking for some help diagnosing what’s going on with my 2016 Pilot EX-L.
When my climate control is off I can feel heat leaking through the rear vents. There are no issues with the heat or ac when it is on.
I have also noticed a mildew like smell that I believe is coming from the front vents but I only smell it when the climate control is off and the windows open. I have changed the cabin air filter and sprayed Frebreeze on my carpets with no change.
Finally I have been running the ac a lot lately and I am not seeing any water under my car. I checked the condensation drain and it is not clogged. I am not getting any water in the interior and carpets are dry. I have seen a similar post but not with all my issues.

·
Registered
770 Posts
If you think the smell is coming from inside the hvac case.
1 make sure the a/c drain isn't plugged
2 make sure the cabin filter is in good shape
3 with the cabin filter removed, turn the a/c to high in recirculation mode. Spray lysol into the cabin filter hole, about 1/3 of the can. Once you are done spraying, turn off the car, reinstall the cabin filter, don't run the hvac fan for about 30 minutes. That process normally kills mold/fungus growth in the hvac box.
If you park with the front of the car higher then the rear this also makes it worse, as the box doesn't completely drain while it's sitting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts