Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
161 - 180 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
While browsing Mouser Electronics for something else, I came across LED Neo Wedge lamps that sure look like they’d fit Pilots.

Here’s the data sheet;

I don’t have the Pilot right now, and it’s on the other side of the state.

Would someone see if these would work?

Edit: I meant to suggest taking an old lamp out and comparing it to the data sheet as far as physical dimensions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For my 2008 Honda Pilot EX-L, the plastic housing was the long skinny type.

These fit: Memotronics 7219 Bulbs, 12 V, 0.72 W, Wire Terminal Base, T-1 Shape (Box of 10) Memotronics 7219 Bulbs, 12 V, 0.72 W, Wire Terminal Base, T-1 Shape (Box of 10) - - Amazon.com

I thought LEDS might work but the wires were too thick:
50pcs 12V 3mm White LED 9V Gauge Cluster Instrument Light Emitting diodes(White Blue Green Yellow red, Optional in Listing) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074SL9N29/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_IDD-EbZCJ2E0P

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I noticed that my brake lights on my '05 Pilot were stuck on. I found blue plastic crumbles on the floor mat and youtube solved the problem along with an order from Amazon. So this evening I got the new switch bumper part in and the brake lights are working correctly. However, now my cruise control is dead. No light on the master switch, no cruise control symbol on the dashboard and no cruise control function. I don't remember ever seeing the light on the master switch, but I used cruise control all the time, so it was working. I figured the car would prevent cruise from engaging because it thought the brakes were being pressed. Is there a reset of the system/computer of some sort? I doubt this is a coincidental multiple failure.

ETA: I removed the stop light fuse to prevent battery drain for about 8 hours.

·
Registered
08 EX-L, 07 LX
134 Posts
Installed 19 of these today.. 6 in hvac control, 3 in each heated seat button, 3 in the hazard switch/vtm control, 4 in the switches to the left of the steering wheel(sunroof/dome light control/vsc and cruise)

Not all were burnt out but most were and I was on a roll so now they’re all new for about $11 and an hour and a half of my time.

CEC BULB LED MICRO 270L CEC BULB LED MICRO 270L - - Amazon.com

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,190 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts
Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
A little over $40 to Canada. :(

Price:$5.99 + No Import Fees Deposit & $6.07 Shipping to Canada

A little over $12 to Canada. Essentially the same product. Amazon.com pricing is a total crap shoot for Canadians. Caveat emptor.
Our 08 SE (That's Special Edition- I don't see that used much, if at all. I do see like EX-L, is that the same?)
has several of them out. So I ordered these: CEC BULB LED MICRO 270L - - Amazon.com

Wow, after reviewing the last 3 pages of this thread. I went with these. We already have Prime. So I think it said $10.77 shipped?

I'll look for these 'You Tubes' that I didn't see linked in the thread to know how to get right in there and 'get-r-done!

·
Registered
10,190 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Our 08 SE (That's Special Edition- I don't see that used much, if at all. I do see like EX-L, is that the same?)
has several of them out. So I ordered these: CEC BULB LED MICRO 270L - - Amazon.com

Wow, after reviewing the last 3 pages of this thread. I went with these. We already have Prime. So I think it said $10.77 shipped?

I'll look for these 'You Tubes' that I didn't see linked in the thread to know how to get right in there and 'get-r-done!
r

I have an 08 EX that is starting to get the burned out lights after 150k. If you have a link to the YouTube video on how to replace these lights I’d sure like to see it.

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
Not perfect, but this video walks you through it pretty well, even though it's for a 2003.

This one is for a 2008, but to me it's a little too dark, unless the filmmaker was going for subtle irony.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Not perfect, but this video walks you through it pretty well, even though it's for a 2003.

This one is for a 2008, but to me it's a little too dark, unless the filmmaker was going for subtle irony.

That video is great. I’ll have to attempt this at some point. Do they make LED replacement bulbs for this so in theory they then should last forever?

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
I couldn't tell you because, though I've replaced a few button lights (see earlier in this thread), they weren't climate control button lights, and I replaced with OEM, not LED. But there are plenty of LED fans on this forum who can probably point you in a good direction.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Anybody who works on their car in any way should invest in plastic trim removal tools. I got mine on Amazon for about $10
Or if your careful, you can use a clean flat blade screwdriver, a putty knife, plastic kitchen toos/spatula, etc.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Reactions: cloudasc

·
Registered
2,174 Posts

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
I just checked. 10 pack, says 20 left.

[/URL]

Try it again.
If you can't get it, PM me, I'll take care of you.

Todd
Thanks for the kind offer. Now I get...

In stock on November 23, 2020.
Order it now.

But I'm good for now. I've got all my button lights working, plus I'm not a big fan of LEDs. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer an adequate lower Kelvin glow of an incandescent bulb.

Daughter needs some replaced in her 2007, but she's in the middle of midterms, and finals won't be far behind. So in the grand scheme of prioritizing, climate control button lights are not at the top of her list. I have to bite my OCD tongue, though. :p

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L
314 Posts
I just wanted to say thanks for bumping this thread and bringing it to my attention, as the timing was perfect since I realized a couple nights ago that all the buttons on the climate control weren't lighting up, and with my upcoming intent to replace the factory radio will be in that center stack.

Glad to know there is the option to replace the bulbs themselves. Just ordered the Memotronics 7219 Bulbs myself. The thought of using LED's crossed my mind, but don't need super bright bulbs to ruin night vision. So kudo's again for the bump.

161 - 180 of 189 Posts