Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Did mine on 06, ordered Honda bulbs which were already mounted in the little plastic holders. Done in less than an hour including finding tools and cleanup. Good chance to tighten/fix the power outlet that always gets loose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the help. Looks like quite a project for a weekend day. Have you replaced the bulbs before? Any suggestions for not having the nylon pry tools?
Took me an hour total. Not hard but make sure the new bulbs are in correct sockets. Btw you need 2 different build styles
I have the same issue. Approximately five or six bulbs blown out.

Can you tell me where you purchased the bulbs? And can you tell me what the two different sizes are?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the same issue. Approximately five or six bulbs blown out.

Can you tell me where you purchased the bulbs? And can you tell me what the two different sizes are?
For 06, I used:
6​
79670-S9V-A01 {Unshipped}
Honda BULB, NEO-WEDGE (14V 40MA)​
$3.65​
$21.90​

The bulbs are different between some model years, look up your year at:

pick vehicle and year, then Electrical, then Heater Control

The parts diagram is a little confusing but I think it will show either item 5, 6, or 10 in the parts listed depending on which your vehicle year takes. You can call the seller for help if you need.

My 06 took (6) of the part number I listed. These bulbs are premounted in the holders, better than bare bulbs you can buy for less.

I have (3) of the ..SL0.. bulbs listed for sale on Ebay if anyone needs them. I thought it would need them but 06 only used the S9V bulbs

·
Registered
2 Posts
For 06, I used:
6​
79670-S9V-A01 {Unshipped}
Honda BULB, NEO-WEDGE (14V 40MA)​
$3.65​
$21.90​

The bulbs are different between some model years, look up your year at:

pick vehicle and year, then Electrical, then Heater Control

The parts diagram is a little confusing but I think it will show either item 5, 6, or 10 in the parts listed depending on which your vehicle year takes. You can call the seller for help if you need.

My 06 took (6) of the part number I listed. These bulbs are premounted in the holders, better than bare bulbs you can buy for less.

I have (3) of the ..SL0.. bulbs listed for sale on Ebay if anyone needs them. I thought it would need them but 06 only used the S9V bulbs
Thanks for the detailed instructions.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Are they dimmable? Especially if they're "super bright," there may be occasions when that's preferred. :)

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Or if you're patient enough to wait for the proverbial slow boat from China, I got mine without your egregious 1000% markup. :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an '05 EXL RES and I've got 5 button lights on the climate control panel that are burnt out (fan up and down, defrost etc.). I have an Accord and you pop the face of the button off and it is servicable. I tried a small screwdriver and was afraid to pry any harder. Any help would be much apreciated.
I have an '07 (240K miles) with most of the lights out - I figured I knew my car enough to feel for it (when it's dark) rather than pulling out the column or worse - paying the dealer $300 to replace all the lights. thought was it wasn't worth it vs. the value of the car.

141 - 156 of 156 Posts