Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I don't think these are LED's

Here's your Amazon link.
Memotronics 7219 Bulbs, 12 V, 0.72 W, Wire Terminal Base, T-1 shape (Box of 10)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm going to give these Neo Wedge T3 LED a try. Even though they're shorter it should still shine bright enough through to illuminate the switch. At $7 for 10 I won't be losing out much if it doesn't work properly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have an '05 EXL RES and I've got 5 button lights on the climate control panel that are burnt out
Just my two cents, but is it worth it? What would be the value of replacing the bulbs? I have an 03 where some of the climate control lights work when they want to. Obviously a loose wire somewhere. But, it's not causing any drivability or safety issues. I know how to work my climate control without looking at it, everything works despite the lack of lights. I'm obviously the last owner of this vehicle as it's too old to bring any value for sale or trade in. Ok, maybe a couple hundred trade in for a newer used vehicle in 5 years or so, what's the point of expense and frustration just to fix some lights I don't need?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Speaking for myself, OCD.:oops:
I feel much better now. 😊

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just my two cents, but is it worth it? What would be the value of replacing the bulbs? I have an 03 where some of the climate control lights work when they want to. Obviously a loose wire somewhere. But, it's not causing any drivability or safety issues. I know how to work my climate control without looking at it, everything works despite the lack of lights. I'm obviously the last owner of this vehicle as it's too old to bring any value for sale or trade in. Ok, maybe a couple hundred trade in for a newer used vehicle in 5 years or so, what's the point of expense and frustration just to fix some lights I don't need?
Most folks here do think its worth it I would say, for many reasons. We like our cars to be in good working order, it looks nicer, is easier to use, safer than fumbling trying to find the right button or turn on the overhead lights in the dark. etc. But if it doesn't bother you, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It is a simple fix that takes less than 15 minutes and it is nice to see the buttons when it is dark.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys , just bought a 04 pilot , never had a honda before . I see that I have some of the bulbs out also, I'm going to try this weekend . Another question I know is not the right thread but it since like easy answe
When u slide the gear into drive the doors locks should engage like lock themselves or not?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Hi guys , just bought a 04 pilot , never had a honda before . I see that I have some of the bulbs out also, I'm going to try this weekend . Another question I know is not the right thread but it since like easy answe
When u slide the gear into drive the doors locks should engage like lock themselves or not?
Thanks in advance.
Depends on the settings that the previous owner had set ..you should have had the owners manual come with the pilot IF not you can register on the Hondas ownership website its free there is a link to allow you to download a full copy (PDF) of your owners manual ... IF the setting was setup the doors will lock once you hit 10mph anything under that the doors will stay unlocked . Welcome to the forums BTW .. also just an FYI the key to long ownership of a Pilot is maintenance look through the forums there are some awesome threads on "how to do this.... " everything from changing the oil to body stuff. Some of us here have well over close to 200k ish if not more on our rides...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Depends on the settings that the previous owner had set ..you should have had the owners manual come with the pilot IF not you can register on the Hondas ownership website its free there is a link to allow you to download a full copy (PDF) of your owners manual ... IF the setting was setup the doors will lock once you hit 10mph anything under that the doors will stay unlocked . Welcome to the forums BTW .. also just an FYI the key to long ownership of a Pilot is maintenance look through the forums there are some awesome threads on "how to do this.... " everything from changing the oil to body stuff. Some of us here have well over close to 200k ish if not more on our rides...
[/QUOTE
Hello , I look tru the manual and I coulnd find how to set the door locks . I will Google just in case that I'm missing something .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Okay, replaced three a couple years ago. Great vids on YouTube, but not hard.
Lamps in the holders were about 6 bucks each from a Honda dealer.
Found a mention on another forum that these bulbs we're rated at 12 vdc, but the alternator outs out 14+ when charging.

Gopher Electronics has same bulbs rated 14 vdc.
They come with two wires and are easy enough to replace into the original rust colored plastic holders.
Replace them all at once.....it's a lot of extra work and sure enough, after I did three, a day later had another burn out!

And....the replacement bulbs came in a bulk pack of 25 bulbs, for about 9 bucks and shipping, a real bargain!
I've not list any if these and although they are just a tad weaker they are bright enough that I can't tell.

·
Registered
11 Posts
They blink when you lock the doors That's why they burn out so fast. I replaced mine with LED's i got off Amazon. Only issue with them is they go in one direction where incandescents will go in either direction. A little extra work. The color is bluer than the radio.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just finished replacing all burnt out bulbs including the hazard light. Is the VTM-4 and Passenger Airbag buttons next to the Navigation console and just below the hazard light on a 2007 Honda Pilot EX-L supposed to be back lit also? Thanks for the help in advance. Great Forum!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Is the VTM-4 and Passenger Airbag buttons next to the Navigation console and just below the hazard light on a 2007 Honda Pilot EX-L supposed to be back lit also?
Yes, but for the former only when it's activated, and for the latter only to indicate it isn't, i.e....

121 - 137 of 137 Posts