Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

81 - 100 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the same problem in my Pilot 2005 Climate Control...Where I can buy that kind of bulbs...?
I replaced the bulbs as descibed in my post ( see #55 on this thread)

I got them at two different times: once from Radio Shack #272-1092 @ 1.99 pkg of 2. Second time from (Hondapartseast Guide)

PS: I just checked my "bulb info" and found that my last purchase was right from Honda www.hondaautomotiveparts.com
That is the site for Majestic Honda, Lincoln, RI. Part number: 79670-S9V-A01 @ $4.55 each.
What I liked about the Honda bulb setup is that it came fully assembled with the plastic screw in holder & bulb.

Give that a whirl

·
Registered
122 Posts
The Radio Shack bulbs are now on sale for $.37/pair(reduced from $2) so now's the time to stock up. One of the local RS's had them in stock(when I checked online) but it turned out they only had one bag(and at the regular $2 price) so I bought it anyway and then came home and ordered eight bags online. The S/H was $6.99 and the bulbs themselves were $2.96 so everything came to $10.69 after sales tax. Hard to complain when I got 16 bulbs for under $11 when compared to the ridiculous prices the stealerships are asking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 EX-L with navigation and XM radio.
I had the same climate control bulbs issue, but my unit only had 6 of the 79673-S9V-A01.
I will end up returning (if I can) the other 3 bulbs.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Although I've had the RS bulbs for seven months I didn't get around to doing the job until today. I only replaced the six smaller bulbs since the three bigger ones in the middle appeared to be OK but I asked my wife to confirm the LCD display has been illuminating...it's her vehicle afterall:wink:

We bought our '05 EX 2 1/2 years ago and this is the first time the climate control buttons have illuminated....hooray!

Now that I've done it once I could probably get to those bulbs in a little over five minutes the next time.

Thanks again to everyone who contributed to this thread.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So half of my climate control bulbs are now out and my hazard button light is burnt out. I know that these can be replaced mainly, however I'm more then a tad afford of taking on this task and ruining something. Has anyone had these changed by a non-dealership shop and if so what are the best costs/quotes they gave you?

The stealership has quotes me $250 plug $3 per bulb. Anyone know any shops that will do this for $100 plus parts in the LA area?

·
Registered
150 Posts
08 SE Pilot - 8 of 9 bulbs out on Climate Control cluster! I too have been clobbered by the bulbs nearly all burned out on my climate control cluster at 105k miles....

I have spent a few too many days surveying this thread + a few others to try and identify some plug and play LED options. To my best guestimate the 6 bulbs with Honda S/N 79670-S9V-A01 are in fact neo-wedge T4 Tall, while the 3 larger shorter with Honda S/N 79671-S7S-941 are neo-wedge T5.

With that said...I found a Japanese seller on the internet who sells a great variety of LED based automotive plug-n-play solutions, including neo-wedge type gage bulbs....the key is they only list by the size and desired color. Put the order in today (the 3 T5s are at 120 degree, and the 6 tall T4 are at 90 degree and all at 12V input), expect a few weeks for the mailing...will update if success or failure to move forward on LED replacement. If LED fails, will probably go buy up the bulbs and swap them in the original mounts as others have done in the thread.

Cheers, ciao, ciao.

Mario

·
Registered
150 Posts
T4 tall are too large, T4 = 10 mm base. The 6 tall bulbs are actually T3 (8 mm base) and are 17 mm tall to bulb tip. There are no T3 neo wedge tall LEDs that I could find. So then, off to order the micro bulbs,,,,, no more Radio Shack, so I found them at bulbtown.com for 0.53 each on 14V x 65 mA -> hope this is close enough to OEM which was 40 mA.....should just mean the bulbs will burn a little brighter dropping more power across the filament.....

#8111 Miniature Bulb Wire Terminal Base,T1 14V .26A .15CP-WT,8111,#8111, #8111 Lamp, #8111 Miniature, #8111 Bulb, #8111 Indicator, EIKO# 40960

Also - I have the 08 SE which came factory pre-installed DVD player....so my climate controls do not remove as the FSM said! Actually found the following link to be PERFECTO on removing my climate control cluster: it is an install instruction for iPod aux car kit to install to Pilot with Navi....

One other strange thing....my unit does not have the 3 larger (T4 for sure) short bulbs in the center....those spots are blanked on the PCB in my unit...guess that portion is LCD or something??

Well, got the unit back in quite quickly after cleaning up the last few drops of the original owner's adventure in spilling some mocha-latte down into the center console....always good time to clean when stuff is apart.

Ciao, ciao.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Mini-bulbs came in from Bulbtown.com..... 0.53 each....so I bought enough to do this 3X .....they will burn out again eventually, I guess :confused:

Easy-cheesy to pull the trim stuff second time around, probably could have done it blind-folded, hand behind back...yeah whatever.

Took practice to pull new bulb wires into place on the neo-wedge base, bet a machine puts those together new...

Let there be light! Man, this climate control unit has had bad bulbs since we bought the car...it is like new again :laugh:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I apologize if this has been answered before but I couldn't find a concrete answer. I have a 2005 Honda Pilot EX and the individual lights for each function (fan speed, defrost, rear defrost, etc) all work. However the backlight for the temperature dial and the green light behind the buttons do not light up when the lights are turned on. The LCD is backlit and working as normal.

Do the bulb types mentioned in this thread illuminate the backlight for these items that aren't working? I've search high and low and couldn't find a positive answer. It's a real drag to drive at night. I cannot see the temperature dial or the functions for each button unless I turn on the map lights.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi Antrod1234, except the LCD backlit portion in the middle of the unit - anything else is backlit by the mini-bulbs.....order up the parts at your discretion; OEM at Stealership, online like I did for the mini bulb and swap into OEM base.....and just swap them all out. Seems like each bulb illuminates at least 2 different things from what I remember...if you replace the bulbs and something else is cause then the defect would be along the lines of swapping the whole unit out I would guess. Then scrap yards where you can pull parts become your best friend......recently used scrap yard donors to cut off the cost of some window regulators that failed. Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you, Honda Piloteers! Some friends were nice enough to loan me their 2004 300,000 mile Pilot while my car recovered from a deer hit. I wanted to do what I could to give them back their Pilot in better shape than when I got it. Thanks to all of the detailed posts here, I was able to put new bulbs in and get all of the heating/cooling lights to come on! And I did it without damaging anything. Thank you, Piloteers!

·
Registered
56 Posts
You guys are the best !!!

I replaced the Sunroof, Cruise, and VSA switch bulbs over the weekend with the Radio Shack bulbs you recommended #272-1092 @ $1.99 pkg of 2.
I removed the green & blue "condoms" from the burnt out bulbs & placed on the new R-S bulbs, everything is lit up now :)

I had replaces the same type bulbs in the "HVAC control unit" last year paying $3.61 each (from
Next time I'll use the R-S bulbs in the HVAC unit also.

Thanks to all for input :29:

Thank you @ hillkw for referencing the radio shack part number. The link from 2012 isn't working any more.

Also, the comparable part number are all over this thread. I have attempted to consolidate them here for easier reference.
Radio Shack 272-1092

AllElectronics com - 14V 40MA T-1 (3MM) LAMP
post 544330

Honda 79671-S7S-941 and 79670-S9V-A0
Post 407030

Honda 79670-S9V-A01
post 751850

Honda 79673-S9V-A01
post 803242

Amazon CEC 7219
post 939018

·
Registered
56 Posts
I did the HVAC unit in my sister's 04 Pilot. Thank you @ breapilot for a very an accurate guide.

Here's what it looked like before.

All three wider holders, and one of the six smaller bulbs were fine. I didn't replace the larger bulbs since they were still working, and I want to replace them with the correct bulb.

Since there are a lot posts with differing part number, I there should be some correlation to them. Here is what I could come up with.

Quantity 3
-Honda 79671-S7S-941

Quantity 6
-CEC 7219
-Radio Shack 2721092
-Honda 79670-S9V-A01

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did the HVAC unit in my sister's 04 Pilot. Thank you @ breapilot for a very an accurate guide.

All three wider holders, and one of the six smaller bulbs were fine. I didn't replace the larger bulbs since they were still working, and I want to replace them with the correct bulb.

Since there are a lot posts with differing part number, I there should be some correlation to them. Here is what I could come up with.

Quantity 3
-Honda 79671-S7S-941

Quantity 6
-CEC 7219
-Radio Shack 2721092
-Honda 79670-S9V-A01
I just replaced the bulbs on a 2008 Pilot EXL with Nav. I followed the GTA Car Kits video and it was smooth and easy.

I used 6 bulbs of CEC 7219 (from Amazon...it won't let me post the link here)

I also bought 3 Honda 79671-S7S-941 but as far as I can tell, the 2008 does NOT use those bulbs at all. It just needs the 6 CEC 7219s.

While I had the dash opened up I also installed an iSimple ISIM7518 ($105 at Best Buy) to add bluetooth audio and HFL. Another easy install and wish I'd done this long ago. I didn't run the line from the iSimple adapter to the XM tuner (which is either under the driver's seat or next to the sub). That could have taken much more time and since I don't use XM it wasn't worth it for me.

If anyone wants to buy the Honda 79671-S7S-941 bulbs off of me, drop me a PM.

81 - 100 of 137 Posts