Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A soft clicking noise is coming from the dash of 2012 Touring edition. Any ideas?

It continues despite turning off AC.

·
Registered
176 Posts
If its consistent it might be the hard drive. Mine makes a load humming noise when its cold out and I believe the touring is the only trim that came with a hard drive.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
The hard drive noise starts when you unlock or open the driver's door after the car has been stopped for a bit. Lets it get a running start and be ready for full entertainment stack boot when you turn the key on. Seems a little louder in colder weather. Try sitting in the car for a few minutes, and see if the sound goes away after engine stop and drivers door open and closed plus a minute or two. Then unlock with fob, open drivers door, listen for the hard drive. Is that the sound you are asking about?

After that, the options for clicks in the dash are narrowed down to HVAC actuator and fan sounds. Turn HVAC to completely OFF, and see if your clicking sounds go away. If so, turn things back on, and manually adjust the fan speed, listening to see if the clicking rate changes with fan speed. If no change, it is't the fan hitting something. That would steer me to the blend door servos, which are adjusted based on cabin temp vs forward cabin temp set-points. Move the target temp up and down very slowly, and see if the clicking stops or changes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts