Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After two months I finally got my new pilot. After two weeks, I have this terrible clicking or ticking sound coming from the drivers side dash. Almost sounds like a clock ticking or rattling fast then slow. It is becoming more pronounced and I am bringing it in on Monday. I also have a loud thud after applying the brakes? I'm just hoping it is something they can fix. Other than that I can't wait to go on a long trip. The city driving milage is not as good as I would like it, especially since gas prices went up so high in California. Anyone out there have the ticking noise?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
Wasn't there another thread today about this ticking from, IIRC, my3kids? Now, I can't seem to find it?????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,190 Posts
Twinkie said:
Wasn't there another thread today about this ticking from, IIRC, my3kids? Now, I can't seem to find it?????
You're right, Twinkie... I was just looking for it, too, and it seems to have disappeared -- it consisted of my3kids and colorider discussing the noise problem, but it was on the passenger side... :8:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,729 Posts
kemosabe said:

You're right, Twinkie... I was just looking for it, too, and it seems to have disappeared -- it consisted of my3kids and colorider discussing the noise problem, but it was on the passenger side... :8:
I have just spent the last 10 minutes looking for it too. Weird.

Here is a link about the passenger side clicking.

HTH
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,580 Posts
Pilotgal said:
...I also have a loud thud after applying the brakes?...
What about the "thud"? Do you all think it could be the "gas in the tank" thud?

...BTW, when Texans hear a strange, "new" clicking sound from the dash, it's usually the blinker...;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
I had a vague intermittent clicking that at first sounded as though it was emanating from within the dash. After much scrutiny, it sounded like it was coming from the brakes after all. When the tech rode in it he identified the noise as coming from the strut. It was then disassembled ,cleaned adjusted and reassembled. That was over a month ago and no more clicking. This clicking noise BTW didn't really sound mechanical at first, kind of like an irregular clock tick. I don't think there were any parts replaced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dealer said it we a strut. I don't know why they ordered a new one . I don't really know what it is, something like a shock absorber I believe.
It is suppose to be in next week, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Its been getting louder and more often. It will be nice to have a quiet car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
clicking

My strut finally came in to Honda in Simi Valley. It is going to be worked on on Tuesday. Sure hopes it takes care of the annoying sound. Will ley you know if that was the cause
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the dealer had my car all day Tuesday, repalced the strut and some assmbly piece, and the noise is now gone. Finally a quiet ride. I really think you guys helped on this one, cause I took all the replys on what it could be and told them where I got the information. The service manager wrote it all down (even though he gave me the "I don't think this woman knows what she is talking about" look.
It was nice to be able to say "SEE, these guys were right.
Sooo, if you here clicking behind the steering wheel, bring them this email.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,729 Posts
Pilotgal said:
Well the dealer had my car all day Tuesday, repalced the strut and some assmbly piece, and the noise is now gone. Finally a quiet ride. I really think you guys helped on this one, cause I took all the replys on what it could be and told them where I got the information. The service manager wrote it all down (even though he gave me the "I don't think this woman knows what she is talking about" look.
It was nice to be able to say "SEE, these guys were right.
Sooo, if you here clicking behind the steering wheel, bring them this email.
That's good news!!!! Just for continuity, do you mind if I merge THIS thread with your original here so that people can more easily find the "fix"?!

:)

EDITED - THREADS MERGED by Colorider
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Cricket sound

I just brought home my 04 SS Pilot with Nav today! However I noticed an annoying cricket sound from the front dash, passenger side of the car. The noise seems to be only noticeable above 50 mph (radio isn't able to mask the sound). Anyone else have this problem? Is it the strut?

The sound reminds me of my 86 Chevy Blazer, where the rear tailgate latched to the window. The metal pieces rubbed together causing the cricket noise.

UPDATE: Noticing problem during the warm part of the day. Drove it several times at night and morning with no issues. Nothing about the AC/Heat settings seem to make a difference.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top