Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Honda Pilot
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming from my front driver side wheel area. I hear it at slow speeds. Seems to me mostly when I accelerate or coming to a stop. Sounds like a click or a pop.
I’ve recently replaced pads, routers, cv shaft, control arms, wheel bearings, struts and had an alignment done. 211k miles. Most of that work has been done in the last month or two. This noise just started. What can it be?

·
Registered
2011 Honda Pilot
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, I’ll add that my front tires are new and the noise happens when going straight.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hmmmm.. possibly strut bearing on the top? hard to tell without hearing it. I just inished chasing down weird problem Slow speed wobble (up & down) Garage wanted $700 for rear struts and arms & align. I took a pass & eventually discover 1 steel belt in the left rear tire broke internally. Can you upload an audio mp3?

·
Registered
2011 Honda Pilot
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ll try to get one tomorrow. I had to put new bolt on the struts so they could do the alignment. Evidently the ones that came with the strut wasn’t possible. The noise seemed to start after the alignment. Could the garage have done something?

·
Registered
2011 Honda Pilot
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ll try to get one tomorrow. I had to put new bolt on the struts so they could do the alignment. Evidently the ones that came with the strut wasn’t possible. The noise seemed to start after the alignment. Could the garage have done something?
Camber bolts are what they are called. Took me a min to remember. Lol

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Camber bolts are what they are called. Took me a min to remember. Lol
Check to confirm the camber bolts are not loose. These special bolts or any strut bolt need to be torqued to specs. IMO not likely the cause of the clicking.

·
Registered
2011 Honda Pilot
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Clicking sound ended up being the sway bar links. The only thing left on the front end to do. Lol. Luckily, only another $40 total for both front from rockauto. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts