Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Update on the clicking noise.

Picked up my PILOT this morning and was enthused to find that they had fixed the clicking noise problem. The service manager thanked me and conveyed a thanks from the mechanic for printing out the clicking noise thread from the forum:

http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/s...=112&perpage=40&highlight=window&pagenumber=1

He said without that they would have never figured it out. The problem was exactly what was in the thread. Anyway, it's glad to be back in the PILOT again with nothing but blissful silence. Of course there is still the SCRUNCH ...

If you all have the clicking, print out the thread and take it in with the vehicle. Good luck ...

PrG

·
Registered
486 Posts
That's great . Glad your're back on track. I'm wondering if the dealers are reporting this(and others) problem back to Honda so they can fix on the assembly line ASAP. Anyone have this type of dialogue with their respective dealer?
Not being too selfish but I'm hoping mine which will be built in 10 days or so will have benefitted from some of these niggling problems. If not, at least I know what to do...

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's quite possible ... It seems that folks who are taking delivery of their vehicles now with higher VINs aren't experiencing some of these problems... Also, keep in mind that the issues could be at the point of sale end. As dealers are more experienced with handling the PILOT they could be doing a better job of prepping.

PrG

·
Registered
592 Posts
PrG said:
It's quite possible ... It seems that folks who are taking delivery of their vehicles now with higher VINs aren't experiencing some of these problems... Also, keep in mind that the issues could be at the point of sale end. As dealers are more experienced with handling the PILOT they could be doing a better job of prepping.

PrG
I agree with higher VINs might not have this problem since it might have been taken care of at the assembly line already. But does anyone realistically think that dealers would check problems like 'clicking sound' or 'scrunch' etc. without the customer bringing it up to them ? I highly doubt it.

Glad to hear that you got your clicking sound satisfactorily resolved though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts