Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Clicking noise on Honda Pilot 2019

588 12
I see a lot of forum posts over time regarding clicking on Pilots and just having to deal with it - but this sounds quite louder than I've seen posted elsewhere. The noise appears when idling, speeds up as I throttle (even on neutral), and disappears once I hit around 1000 rpm. Thoughts if this needs a look/repair or it is what it is? Dealer insists it's normal, but it is extremely loud.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
106 Posts
Timing belt bad? How did timing belt cause this issue? What did the shop say? Did you ever have check engine light or codes? Did you keep the old belt?
Agreed here that a bad factory timing belt is an exceedingly rare thing to fail before 100k+ miles. There was a very limited recall on some bad belts, but I think that would have shown up as a recall and/or you would have gotten notification.

I think you were/are in the powertrain warranty (5 yrs, 60k miles). I would think anything like bad tensioners, timing belts, or timing issues would be under that warranty.

+1 to reaching out to Honda corporate about this issue to have them investigate. There could be a chance they would cover it.

Attachments

· Registered
106 Posts
+1 the biggest concern now is if your independent shop used 100% genuine OEM replacement parts. Aftermarket timing belts have been known to fail prematurely (<100k miles), and you should be getting 100k+ out of a timing belt job, if done right and with OE parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts