Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone purchase this and have it done ... Did you notice a difference ?

PrG

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yesw ... supposedly a hard clearcoat protectant ... sold by the dealer ... lifetime guarantees the paint ...

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
At the dealer where I bought, they made a strong pitch for the paint protection package. I saw an Odyssey with temp tags and an "Auto Armor" sticker in the rear window, so I presume the dealer applies it as the paint protector. My Pilot with 3 coats of Finish First polish looked "brighter." Both vehicles are Starlight Silver.

·
Registered
119 Posts
my dealer kept on pushing it and I said no because I wax my cars every 3 or 4 months..........he finally just threw it in. I am supposed to have it put on this week. So PRG, did you have it done? Do you have pics of your PILOT with the Armor coating on?

Carl

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tirespin said:
my dealer kept on pushing it and I said no because I wax my cars every 3 or 4 months..........he finally just threw it in. I am supposed to have it put on this week. So PRG, did you have it done? Do you have pics of your PILOT with the Armor coating on?

Carl

Ummm... unfortunately the dealer damged my vehicle installing the crossbars ... so the PILOT is at the body shop ... I haven't seen it yet ... Will let you know when I get it back ...

PrG

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the well wishes ... someone stated in this forum that many of our problems would be solved individually it we didn't hold dealers in such contempt and maintain an adverserial relationship with them ... perhaps that's true ... but it's hard to love them when they're always trying or are screwing you ...

PrG :mad:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Swirl Marks

We looked closely at our black pilot under the shop light and we can see tiny swirl scratches (like from a chamois). Do you see these on yours? Is it normal? We can't see them outside, and the dealer is suggesting a buff and a clear coat. We wanted to know if this was a common thing to see on black vehicles in general?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Lefty,

Swirl marks are typically easier to notice on black. There are different compounds that should do the job. I would look at a polish from a reputable manufacturer (Meguiar's, Mothers, etc.) that has a swirl remover in them and follow the directions. If the swirls are too deep, it might require a mechanical buffer to do the trick. If that is the case, you might want to find a local reputable detailer to do the job. It will cost you about the same as buying the equipment, but they know how to use the tools!

Chris

·
Registered
26 Posts
Zaino's

Thanks Chris. I've read some stuff about Zaino as well. I'm going to their site to see what I can find.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts