Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on the fence about spending $850-$1200 for clear bra on front of hood, bumper, mirrors and fenders. Have you done it. How do you like?

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
Do a search. Several of us did it ourselves. Others got it installed. If you plan on keeping it for a while, get it done. If you dont plan on keeping it then dont. I'm in florida and plan on keeping it for a while and its helpful to keep the bugs off

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I am on the fence about spending $850-$1200 for clear bra on front of hood, bumper, mirrors and fenders. Have you done it. How do you like?
Man, you should write headlines for a living. What a catchy thread title. Even though I knew what it was probably about, I had to click on it.

I look at clear bras ...

Wait, I know there was more ... oh yeah, the way I look at clear bras is the same way I look at after market window tinting films. There's good and bad films, and good and bad installers including DIYers. You'd want to get the film before any damage happens to the paint, yet you want to give a brand new car's paint job time to fully outgas. Aside from that, if you get the best film and the best installer and it lasts for many years and you keep the car longer than that ... if you have all those ifs ... I'm not sure how easily that film comes off after being on there for years or what removing and reapplying it does to the cost of body shop work after an accident.

I think if you put a really good coat of protective wax be it ceramic or otherwise, and keep the car clean, and covered or garaged when not in use, the paint should last as long as you keep the car. Just don't get behind dump trucks or drive fast on unpaved roads. I have a vehicle that was painted at the factory over 30 years ago and the paint is just like new following the above advice. Just my $.02.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts