Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got mine installed on everything painted facing forward from a local "rice shop" here in Kansas City for $545. I love it so far, I've got pics below so you guys can see. Thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Looks good, I don't mind the little seam for a lot of protection. IMHO I've always thought this was a great idea. Is it guaranteed not to deteriorate the paint? Did they cover the front bumper all the way down to the lower trim and the side mirrors too? Is there any special care involved when washing your Pilot? What's the clear bra shelf life?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Now that's something.. I never knew that was offered.. How much did it cost? Have to find out if it is available up here?

rob

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure about the clear bra shelf life but they do guarentee it to not deteriorate the paint finish. They covered everything but the dark plastic on the lower trim. Side mirrors and headlights are also covered. They told me not to use a power wash for 24 hours and then give it a coat of spray wax so the bugs come off easier (not the car, just the bra).

·
Registered
89 Posts
Is your clear bra by 3m? I think they are the only manufacturers. Was your installer a 3m trained installer? I've read the installs can be tricky. They list the installers that have completed the training on the 3m website for the clear bra.
gopilot, I checked www.3m.com for installers in BC, but couldn't find them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3m makes the material for the bras however stoneguard.com i believe and other people actually sell the templates or cutouts for cars and trucks. The person that did mine also does the Honda dealerships cars so I would assume he was trained. The dealership was trying to charge me $1300 for the whole front end and I went back to talk to the installer about it and he told me that he'd do it for about $545 so I let him do it. It's on the car perfectly, not a single nic or bubble, this guy also tinted my front windows.

·
Registered
991 Posts
shepilot said:
Is your clear bra by 3m? I think they are the only manufacturers. Was your installer a 3m trained installer? I've read the installs can be tricky. They list the installers that have completed the training on the 3m website for the clear bra.
gopilot, I checked www.3m.com for installers in BC, but couldn't find them.
Thanks for looking.. It may still not be available in BC. Thanks again..

rob

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gopilot said:

Thanks for looking.. It may still not be available in BC. Thanks again..

rob
Call up your local Honda dealer and ask who they have install them. I had to do that. Find out who they contractor is that the dealership uses and then go through them cause the dealership will take you for another $500 easy. It's around just not readily available. Check window tint places also, it's based on the same concept.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It looks real good. I saw you say it cost $545.00 installed. How much labor was involved. I found a site that sells their kits for like $250 for the full kit version. Does that mean you had to pay$250 in labor?

This place also sells Stongard and it is like $500.00 bucks. Too rich for me.

Let me know what you think. www.rockblocker.com is the place I found.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The brand installed was stonguard. The price included installation and it took about 3.5 hours to install. I wouldn't recommend doing this yourself, unless you are skilled in window tinting, it seems to be the same concept only more difficult.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The brand installed was stonguard.
I wonder how they made any money when the kit sells for $500 by itself. You must have gotten a great deal for it. Stongard is not cheap. What did areas did they cover?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm sure authorized installers/retailers get a hefty discount on the kits. It covers everything painted facing forward, hood, bumpers, lower trim, "fender to fender", also the painted strip in front of the rear wheels is also covered...just noticed that today actually :) I have been on a very long roadtrip since it was put on, and the bugs and crap just spray right off it's soooo worth the money. I'm sure I've already avoided $250 in paint chips. If you plan on keeping the car for awhile I'd do it, just because. Helps resale when you don't have what looks to be a sand blasted front end.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
silverex said:
3m makes the material for the bras however stoneguard.com i believe and other people actually sell the templates or cutouts for cars and trucks. The person that did mine also does the Honda dealerships cars so I would assume he was trained. The dealership was trying to charge me $1300 for the whole front end and I went back to talk to the installer about it and he told me that he'd do it for about $545 so I let him do it. It's on the car perfectly, not a single nic or bubble, this guy also tinted my front windows.
Looks good silverex!
Good for you for getting him to do it & saving the dealer $$$! :29:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah he was a really nice guy about it. Now if I could just get someone to install the tow package for me.........hmmm.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It was the guy who does window tint and clearbras for the honda dealer. He owns a local "rice" shop here in kansas city. I'm not sure I want them removing my front end....applying tint is one thing, this is another :)

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
i am a big fan of clear bras myself...:D :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I don't know WHY, but when I saw this thread title today, I expected to see ramirami or kemosabe posting on it. Thanks for not letting me down. :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
NICE... :eek:

I wonder what wax you used to get 'em shiny like that... Are those 3m bras? For $500+ I'll take 5 blondes.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
tim.s said:
I don't know WHY, but when I saw this thread title today, I expected to see ramirami or kemosabe posting on it. Thanks for not letting me down. :)
is it a plane...is it a bird...no its rami-man:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts